Ventura County Corvairs

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii
Forum rules
Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii
Corventure Dave

Ventura County Corvairs

Post by Corventure Dave »

All interested parties.... VCCC is looking forwrd to more events this year.

Saturday May 3rd, meeting witht he High Desert group for a FC windshield installation clinic.

Saturdy May 17th, Cars and Coffee morning show in Thousand Oaks.

Saturday June 7th, Cars and Coffee morning show in Thousand Oaks.

Saturday June 14th, Open House at California Corvairs, Chino.

Saturday June 21, Cars and Coffee again

Sunday June 22, Camarillo Ranch car show event featuring Corvairs.

Also.... on going projects in the man-cave!

More to come. Contact Dave Palmer for more information lynndee@cwo.com
Attachments
CS Brier camp.JPG
CS TGate 5.JPG
CS Bed 04.JPG
Corventure Dave

Re: Ventura County Corvairs

Post by Corventure Dave »

VCC at Daves Man-Cave.... Saturday February 21 in Fillmore Calif. 9:00 -2:00.
Projects going on, future events, Hotdogs on the grill :eek: ,
Contact me at the email posted above for more information and directions.

Dave Palmer
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

I can make it the 28th...but not the 21st or the 14th.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

Is this chapter still in existence? Last post 2019.....moving to Simi Valley later this year, have a 66 Monza Spt Coupe....would be interested in chapter activity’s, belong to Corsa and chapter in East. Ted
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! I believe that this website is a good place to start for solid Corvair support.

I graduated from high school in Thousand Oaks and lived in Ventura County (Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Point Mugu) in the 1970's and 1980's. Twenty-four years in the Air Force took me far away from California, and my wife and I currently have settled (with our Corvair) in western North Carolina, about 100 miles north of Atlanta.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be much activity in the Ventura County CORSA club chapter, but the San Fernando Valley is only a short drive from Simi and you can find numerous solid, active CORSA club chapters there and further south.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:link: http://www.corsawest.com/

FACEBOOK :link: https://www.facebook.com/corsa.west

Sample Newsletter: :link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdb7ukqr0nyjh ... d.pdf?dl=0
2019 Eboard and committee members:

President Lance Lawton 818-550-9574 lawtonlance@gmail.com

Vice President Randy Wicks 661.295.6833 vairlair@lafn.org

Treasurer Ed Willen 818.566.4245 edwillen@charter.net

Secretary John Medley 818.912.9610 jamedley@roadrunner.com

Membership Bill Winkelmann 818.422.4066 billwink@aol.com

Merchandising J.C. Salazar 818.362.3489 julcaes75@yahoo.com

Westwind Editor Karl Breckner 818-389-4823 karl.breckner@att.net

Social Media Ismael Avalos 805.204.6617 solava76@gmail.com

Club Mailing Address:
Corsa West of Los Angeles. P.O. Box 950023, Mission Hills, CA 91395

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your earlier post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your Corvair. Some detailed photographs of the car — including the VIN and Body Tags in the engine compartment — can be very helpful. If you can provide your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Ted - At one time the Ventura club was very active. Apparently it's no longer that active. Folks come and go in clubs.

Simi Valley is probably mid-way between the Ventura and the Corsa West club, but driving to Ventura would be easier IF their club still has meetings.

The Corsa West club has been around for a long time and seems stable. They also do a number of activities each year, but of course THIS year most clubs have cancelled events in S. Calif. In the Torrance area of greater Los Angeles the South Coast Corsa club is active. Each year, except this one, they put on a Corair show that draws about a huge crowd.

Vintage Corsa is in Orange county south of Los Angeles, but recently it's members have dwindled. They were suppose to do the GWFBT in Palm Springs this Fall, but due to a lack of membership they turned to the other clubs to help. At this time the GWFBT may not happen due to COVID. I know I WON'T be going this year due to health concerns.

If you are a wrench turner then some of the SCC guys are into that. If you rely on a mechanic for support then there are a couple good ones in the Corsa West club.
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

I have had two Monza’s the 65 was a cvt, 110/pg and the 66 is a spy coupe 110/4spd. Vin 105376w117470; I am retired from SacMetro Fire and also USCG. Not sure when we will get to Simi Valley this fall, selling house here in NY, too big and 4 acres too much...3/4 acre and 1100 sq ft will do fine. My wrenching days are over, getting under too much. Stage 4 bad stuff puts a kaibosh on most twisting/turning also...don’t get old....Ventura Co.would be close Until I get to know the roads better also....Ted
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

monza66coupe wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:40 pm I have had two Monza’s the 65 was a cvt, 110/pg and the 66 is a spy coupe 110/4spd. Vin 105376w117470; I am retired from SacMetro Fire and also USCG. Not sure when we will get to Simi Valley this fall, selling house here in NY, too big and 4 acres too much...3/4 acre and 1100 sq ft will do fine. My wrenching days are over, getting under too much. Stage 4 bad stuff puts a kaibosh on most twisting/turning also...don’t get old....Ventura Co.would be close Until I get to know the roads better also....Ted
Mark Wright is in the Corsa West club and works in the San Fernando Valley not too far from Simi Valley. I've never used Mark myself (I do all my own work), but I've heard good things about his work. Mark is NOT inexpensive. Dave Watson (davemotohead on the forums) is up north of Lancaster and while Dave is a character I've never heard a bad word about his work. One thing to keep in mind - the San Diego convention, the GWFBT , and the huge SCC show in the El Segundo area (LAX area) were all cancelled this year. By the time you get here and settled you should have a number of Corvair shows to attend in 2021. All indications are a COVID vaccine will be available by early 2021. After folks are vaccinated Corsa West and South Coast Corsa (SCC) will be back to "garage runs" to help folks with Corvair issues.
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

Well it looks like things will move a little faster than I thought, house will sell tomorrow ( and Even not listed yet!) so closings are running about 52 days....Ca. Address will be 3879 Gaines Ct, Simi Valley. Monza66coupe
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

Dave;
It appeares that We will be moving in about 3-4 weeks (closing) to Simi...the Monza will go on the transport by the end of month. Will contact you shortly after we get settled. Bet you are looking forward to retiring in January, 2021 is going to be an interesting year provided civil war doesn’t erupt. Stay well and remember “rubber side down” Ted and Judy
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

A nice, quiet place to raise a Corvair! I graduated from High School not far away from there in 1971 — in Thousand Oaks (14.2 Miles from your new home). Got married in Thousand Oaks, too! Joined the Air Force for 24 years that same year (1972). We owned five Corvairs at that time ('66 Corsa Turbo coupe, '65 Corsa 140 hp convertible, '65 Corsa 140 hp coupe, '63 Spyder convertible, '62 Monza coupe), but I only took the two 1965's with us in the Air Force. After Basic Training (Texas) and tech school (Biloxi, MS) we ended up in Warner Robins, Georgia. And then South Korea, Massachusetts, West Germany, Van Nuys, California, South Korea again, Texas, Saudi Arabia, and Pennsylvania.

In Western North Carolina, at age 67, we own a 1966 Corsa convertible (140 hp) and just added a 1966 Monza 4-door sedan (110 hp, factory A/C, Powerglide). A sign of old age, I guess, and a reluctance to change and abandon Corvairs! ::-):

Good luck with your move. Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's celebrations in Simi Valley! :tu: ::-): :cool:

New Home.jpg
New Home Map.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

Thanks Brad;
That looks like 3879 Gaines for sure, and Rick ‘s vehicles all over the place (next door neighbor) 1971 I was on third hitch of more than a few....tho hear NC is nice except for humidity sometimes, the Western foothills I think I would like, I ‘m partial to Bluegrass sounds! Stay well, distance, wash, mask....pretty bad when gov’t tells you everything you can/can’t do. Ted. (Sounds like boot camp. Hey)
monza66coupe

Post by monza66coupe »

Folks,
The December Classic Cars ( “ Hemmings “) has the article on the Corvairs start. It is the “one photo feature “ but a start....

Return to “Western Division (United States)”