Sales Tax FYI

The World's Largest Corvair Parts Supplier
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Sales Tax FYI

Post by Bruins_Fan »

I received an email from Clark's yesterday. I'm already forced to pay sales tax since I'm in Massachusetts, but likely due to that lousy US Supreme Court decision 1-2 years ago :td: , more and more businesses are starting to collect sales tax for out of state customers on behalf of their home state.

Clark's will start doing this for several states effective March 14th.
SALES TAX NOTICE!!
Effective March 14, 2020

Due to recent changes in sales tax laws, Clark's Corvair Parts is required to collect state sales tax in the following states: CA, CO, CT, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OK, PA, VA, WI. Tax rates are determined by local & state jurisdictions and will be added to your order.
Our website will show a "Sales tax notice", but the tax will not be added until we process the order. More states may be added if we reach their minimum threshold.
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Sales Tax FYI

Post by bbodie52 »

It could be worse. Taxes and shipping charges, import fees, etc. hit Corvair owners in Canada, Europe, South Africa, Japan, etc. much harder! Corvair owners in the USA still have the best prices, lowest tax burden and greatest Corvair parts availability in the world.
::-): :USA:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Clark's Corvair Parts”