2bbl center mount linkage

All Models and Years
toytron

2bbl center mount linkage

Post by toytron »

Hey all,

Could I get those who might have pictures and/or diagrams of linkages you or others might have used on their corvair with a 2 barrel center mount carb setup to post them for me?

Thank you.

Ed Stevenson

Last edited by toytron on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
triumphcorvair

Re: 2bbl center mount linkage

Post by triumphcorvair »

I would recommend you contact Roger Parent and see if he already has one made for this application. His work and products are first class. It will save you alot of time trying to fab up your own.

rlparent@cox.net
Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas
toytron

Post by toytron »

triumphcorvair wrote:I would recommend you contact Roger Parent and see if he already has one made for this application. His work and products are first class. It will save you alot of time trying to fab up your own.

rlparent@cox.net
Hey I appreciate the info. I am aware of the fine work Roger does but it is not about the time and effort for me. I will come up with my own setup I just wanted to see what others have done. For that matter I believe that Clarks has a setup but again it is not about expedience but the experience.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair monza
triumphcorvair

Post by triumphcorvair »

Although I've not actually seen this in person, I've seen pictues and read where a linkage was fabricated using a bicycle cable to open and close the throttle. Those setups looked pretty trick. I'm guessing any bike shop should be able to fab up a cable/end links.
Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas
steve57

Post by steve57 »

toytron wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 am
triumphcorvair wrote:I would recommend you contact Roger Parent and see if he already has one made for this application. His work and products are first class. It will save you alot of time trying to fab up your own.

rlparent@cox.net
Hey I appreciate the info. I am aware of the fine work Roger does but it is not about the time and effort for me. I will come up with my own setup I just wanted to see what others have done. For that matter I believe that Clarks has a setup but again it is not about expedience but the experience.

Ed Stevenson
I like your style, Ed, Learn by doing, if it doesn’t work the first time, try again.👍
And I am not bashing any Roger Parent products, his look top rate.
Steve
Bakersfield,CA
1969 monza coupe
110, 4speed
toytron

Post by toytron »

triumphcorvair wrote:Although I've not actually seen this in person, I've seen pictues and read where a linkage was fabricated using a bicycle cable to open and close the throttle. Those setups looked pretty trick. I'm guessing any bike shop should be able to fab up a cable/end links.
Yes I have read an article where the owner used a motorcycle cable. It might be the way I go but I like the look of the bell crank linkage. I dunno we will see.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair monza
toytron

Post by toytron »

steve57 wrote:
toytron wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 am

rlparent@cox.net

Ed Stevenson
I like your style, Ed, Learn by doing, if it doesn’t work the first time, try again.[emoji106]
And I am not bashing any Roger Parent products, his look top rate.
No I understand Steve, there are many out there that make great products for our cars. Yes I am from the old school way of doing things, though I can afford those things now there are many I like to make or do for myself.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair monza

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”