Need an email address for ROGER PARENT Linkage

Anything Corvair related
1949chevy

Need an email address for ROGER PARENT Linkage

Post by 1949chevy »

I am not a happy camper...need Rogers email address. He lists riparent@cox.net and it comes back without getting to him.
triumphcorvair

Re: Need an email address for ROGER PARENT Linkage

Post by triumphcorvair »

Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

Thanks for the reply....but I emailed him at that address twice and it comes back UN-DELIVERABLE when I email him....11 days and still not working correctly....a lot of 15hr days in there also.
triumphcorvair

Post by triumphcorvair »

The email addy you shared has an "i" instead of an "l". I just emailed him last week and he responded back promptly.
DWM
Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

THANKS Darrell....I changed glasses and put the instruction sheet in better light....you are correct. Sorry for this post and please excuse it as late night, 15 hours under and over a Corvair all day and no supper. If I drank, I would like a beer about now.
triumphcorvair

Post by triumphcorvair »

No problem. I've had days like that too!
DWM
Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have attached a copy of Roger Parent's February 2018 catalog.

In addition to a variety of carburetor linkages for 2 carburetor, 4x1 140 hp carburetors, turbocharged engine carburetors, and even a center-mounted 4-barrel arrangement, Roger Parent also offers aluminum replacement pulleys for those fragile, aging pulleys used on Corvair cable-actuated parking brakes and clutch cables! An excellent idea considering the hassle of having your parking brake or clutch system fail while on the road! Many other items also available for your Corvair. Check out the catalog!!

His contact information from the catalog is shown below...

Any questions drop me a line at:

rlparent@cox.net

Address:
Roger Parent
1349 Clove St.
El Cajon, CA 92021
:link: http://www.corvairs.org/RogerParentCatalog02-05-18.pdf
Attachments
Roger Parent Catalog 02-05-18.pdf
Roger Parent Catalog
(3.54 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

Thank you Brad
And thank you again Darrell

I hate it when ONE asks something but never tells the end of the story.

So here it is....by Darrell pointing out I made a mistake in reading Roger's email address, and I am BIG enough to admit it when I make a mistake, I did then send Roger 4-5 long emails with my 66 140/PG car problems and we both discovered a couple of problems.
1. One problem discovered while trying to install Rogers linkage and my setting of the linkage was changing every time I set the linkage...I fixed that before emailing Roger, the pivot in the tunnel had about an inch of play, that took me about 2-3 days to figure out, fixed it.
2. I did some tests that Roger gave me to try and I passed everyone of them which Roger told me it was NOT his linkage that was the problem. The primary carbs only opened 1/3 at WOT...secondaries completely closed...this occured over 15-16 different re-setting of all the linkage.
3. I thought to myself this AM, its like the rod to the gas pedal is not opening up all 4 carbs. I emailed Roger and told him I would extend the rod to the gas pedal only and leave my other settings alone. It worked. I still will be playing with doing the final setting of the carbs as they are only 90% opening now and just about no passing gear or downshift when I just about go WOT....I drove it to a car show out of town today.

I guess I re-set that linkage over 20 times after 3 days to install and get the binding taken care of....yes I was about to think my ability was getting a little rusty...I was setting every thing like it was the orig linkage. Roger has been good at responding to my problem and at least told me I did a good job installing the linkage as the photos I sent him showed. Forgot, I burned out about $20.00 in gas just trying to set the carbs and actually doing a test drive.

Okay...I will close now and tomorrow will be another Corvair day....in the meantime, my 64 Monza conv is waiting for her new dress.

Return to “Corvair Talk”