Its been awhile!!

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Freejax

Its been awhile!!

Post by Freejax »

Hi guys I have been building my 67 500 for quite some time now and the information I am able to get for this forum is invaluable, I really appreciate all your time and knowledge. By now I feel I have touched every single part on two LM Corvairs that I have owned, one the parts donor and two my 500 from Nevada that my son will get, here are just some pics you may like.
IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg
Happy Building all!
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Its been awhile!!

Post by TikiRalf »

Engine looks awesome! :tu:
Like the wheels aswell, i bet it is a nice cruiser! ENJOY!
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

It drives real nice with the Centerline wheels on it, I was lucky to find them local. The centreline wheel caps are way to much money for used ones so I got the centre cone locally for 8.00 each and I have a decal shop making decals for the middles. It should turn out nice. I find it sits a little high in the front still so I am going to clip the front coils in the spring. Love the lake wood!!
Happy Building all!
toytron

Post by toytron »

Freejax wrote:It drives real nice with the Centerline wheels on it, I was lucky to find them local. The centreline wheel caps are way to much money for used ones so I got the centre cone locally for 8.00 each and I have a decal shop making decals for the middles. It should turn out nice. I find it sits a little high in the front still so I am going to clip the front coils in the spring. Love the lake wood!!
Vairy nice. Like the look of the engine tins. I see what you did there "I am going to clip the front coils in the spring." A little double entendre' Lol

Ed Stevenson

Last edited by toytron on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

That is funny, just saw that myself. haha
Happy Building all!
drss

Post by drss »

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Alberta are you? The wheels look sharp? Did you do the engine yourself?

Sent from my pixel using Corvair Forum mobile app

Freejax

Post by Freejax »

I am in Edmonton, I took the engine down myself added new cam, lifters rockers, bearings, clutch, bellows, spent a lot of time cleaning up slag from the heads, rebuilt the carbs with bigger jets and had exhaust done at the shop. It took me some time but it was a fun project, the only part I didn't like was the cost of getting parts here from the states. The parts are reasonably priced its the shipping and duties that get ya.
Happy Building all!
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

1967 Corvair.jpg
1967 Corvair.jpg (67.89 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
100_2888.jpg
100_2888.jpg (72.28 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
100_2876.jpg
100_2876.jpg (120.02 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
This is how my project started.
Happy Building all!
drss

Post by drss »

Great job. Mine is the same colour, but in Calgary. Been thinking of pulling the engine out of mine and going over.

Sent from my pixel using Corvair Forum mobile app

Freejax

Post by Freejax »

I managed pulling it and putting it back in myself, it wasn't to bad of a job. An engine hoist, tools and a good internet connection helps. A lot of good information came from this forum and Utube.
Happy Building all!
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

The fire took out my wiring harness especially going to the voltage regulator, I had the digital VR in and it was melted on the inside. I have replaced all the burnt wiring and deleted the harness plug, I like the hard wire better, it will clean up nicely with the loom on it. I just have to test run it before I tidy all the wiring up for good. Lots of soldering and shrink taping, like my home made wire stand lol.
IMG_2528.jpg
IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg
Happy Building all!
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

Its been a long cold winter in Canada, I finally got into the garage and finished cleaning up the wiring, I like the way it turned out. I got all the wiring and loom from an 80"s Olds in the wreaking yard (cheap, cheap). Here are some pictures of the finished project.
loom 1.jpeg
loom2.jpeg
loom3.jpeg
Happy Building all!
Freejax

Some big problems!!! Need advice

Post by Freejax »

Hey guys I finally got all my wiring done after the fire, I started the car up it runs real nice but then I noticed fuel leaking out of my exhaust and a little bit on the engine tins under driver side carb. Given the fact I already had one fire because of my mistake I do not need another one so I shut her down. I am wondering why this fuel is bypassing out of the engine and into my exhaust, thanks in advance for any advice, Freeman.
leak1.jpeg
leak2.jpeg
leak3.jpeg
Attachments
leak4.jpeg
Happy Building all!
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

That has to be an external leak somewhere. If the carburetor was flooding the engine bad enough it would come out the exhaust pipe. You should be able to see a leak that large fairly easily. Maybe one of the plugs fell out of the carburetor base?
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

It's flooded, reset your float.
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Freejax

Post by Freejax »

I will try to reset the float, its weird though it was running good last fall then I started it this spring and now this fuel issue??
Happy Building all!

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”