Adding Dual Master Cylinder on FC

All Models and Years
Swngaxl

Adding Dual Master Cylinder on FC

Post by Swngaxl »

Getting ready to start on my '63 Rampside. Been sitting a while, and needs brakes. Think while I'm at it I will convert to a dual master cylinder. Already have a cylinder, but need plumbing. Any advice from those who have done this already? Any issues with checking and filling both reservoirs? Why does Clark's list difference for whether there is a hole in the gas tank for the shifter if the truck is PG? Trying to keep cost down as much as possible, but would like to get this done. Any advice much appreciated!
Phil

64 Spyder convertible
joelsplace

Re: Adding Dual Master Cylinder on FC

Post by joelsplace »

I think there are 3 different size holes in the floor to access the master cylinder. 2 for sure. They kept getting bigger.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
vairguy63

Post by vairguy63 »

It’s an easy bolt on upgrade and the access hole in 63 Greenbriers gives access to both reservoirs. Not sure about the other FC’s but can’t imagine they’re different?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

They are different by year at least. I would guess the same year Rampside & vans have the same size hole. But remember the FCs had some major changes mid '63.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Swngaxl

Post by Swngaxl »

Thanks everyone! I sent Clark's a message, and they replied by saying the lines they sell in kits are different if you have a shifter that does through the gas tank, but if you have a PG then just order for the one without the hole and you'll be fine.
Phil

64 Spyder convertible

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”