Corvair of the Year

WHERE DO YOU LIVE ?

Post by UNSAFE »

I was born in So Cal in 1954.

Moved to Alaska in 1957.

Moved to Las Vegas in 1966.

Moved to New Jersy in 1969.

Moved to Missouri in 1970 .

Moved back to Juneau Alaska in 1983 and still here.

If a picture is worth a thousand words -- here's a mouth-full !

Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
vaporloc

Re: WHERE DO YOU LIVE ?

Post by vaporloc »

I was born in the suburbs of Pittsburgh Pa. Lived alot of place while in the Navy for 6 years. (Aviation Hydraulics) Moved to Memphis Tn. in 1979. House is on the market in Memphis and has been for over a year now. Family is already in the new house in Seven Springs Pa. Near her mother, while the real estate and I try to sell this house. Have dropped the price down over 25K and still stuck with it.. They say the Market is picking up here so maybe it will sell by spring and I'll go back to Seven Springs Pa. with my wife and son. They came down to Memphis for Christmas and my son got to see his 65 Corsa Convertible for the first time. I bought it for him as a first car.. Now he has a problem. My wife said she wants to drive it too. She didn't realize it was in such good shape, she thought it was a fixer upper. I told her to fight her own battles with my son.. I gave the car to him.. He loves it so we have someone else to keep these Corvairs going.
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

I was born and raised in Northern Maine, Millinocket. After high school, I went to school in Laramie Wyoming. Very beautiful part of the country. :) After Wyo Tech, I ended up moving back home for a year as I could not find a job in autobody in southern Maine. After almost a year, I found a job where I wanted. I lived in Windham Maine for about a year, than moved to Gray for two years. I got married and bought a house in Cornish Maine. I worked at the same body shop for over 7 years before we had our first son. After living there for about 9 years, we bought our current house in Gorham Maine, just outside of Portland. We put the Cornish house up for sale and bought our current house at the same time as the housing market was at its peek. If we only knew. About one month after doing this, the market crashed. We sat on the Cornish house for 2 years. 2 years of paying to heat, taxes, mortgage, not to mention having to trailer the riding mower over to mow, and the snowblower in clear out the driveway. We have been here for over 3 years now and abosolutley love it. Dead-end street, just over 6 acres and great neighbors who look over each other.
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

Born in Dallas in the Repubic of Texas

Moved to Minneapolis when I was 4 (it was during WWII and it was quite a trip) and lived there a couple of years

Moved to Tulsa

Moved to Kansas Ciry, MO where I grew up, attended high school and 2 years of junior college

Attended University of Minnesota where I got an EE degree

Went to work for IBM in Rochester, MN

Moved to Tokyo for 4 years

Came back to Rochester, MN, left IBM and started my own software business -- and here I am. :)
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I was born in Westminster in Southern California.
Lived in Garden Grove, CA
Then Huntington Beach, CA
Then Ontario, CA
Then Devore, CA.
Now, me, the wife, and our four kids live in Hesperia, CA
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
mlevair

Post by mlevair »

I was born and raised in Anderson , Indiana . When I was 19 I moved to the south side of town to be closer to work. I worked mostly in sheet metal fabrication and machine maintenance . I had a short stint in building drag cars for Spitzer Racing and doing some work for a crash test facility. In 2000 I moved next door to my parents were I grew up and in 2006 I started working for myself full time restoring car and such.
Michael LeVeque
LeVair Performance & Restoration
Anderson,IN
765-617-9307
PBeck

Post by PBeck »

Currently live in Pike Co., IL., the self proclaimed deer hunting capital of apparently the world. (Can't really tell much about it, most of my hunting is done with my car or truck.)
My wife and I have lived here on the family farm for 36 years and don't have any plans to live anywhere else.
I finally built a shop 6 years ago and now can't imagine doing without it. It's the center for a lot of automotive projects, ie. corvair, son's demo cars, nephew's jeep body work, S10 V8 project, S10 body work (not the same vehicle) and various honeydo projects.
Hopefully the Vair will be finished (except for wheels) in 2 or 3 weeks, finishing up the interior now, soundproofiing, carpet and seats. Still need to get the console skinned and radio mounted so mabe an additional week. At any rate, before spring driving season arrives.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
Corsa
v8registry
PCCA
ibbubba

Post by ibbubba »

hi. born in wright city ok. in aug. 1950. have one brother and 4 sisters. lived mostly in sweet home or. growing up and schooling. left there in 68 to fight for our uncle sam. stopped fighting in 71. discharged in ft. riley ks. in 72 when to the big house in ks till 78. got scared of ks and moved back to or. (hood river) after a bit i went to work in radio playing records (discs) in 82 i moved to hempsted tx and proceeded to cut my leg off and paralyze my left arm using a 72 harley davidson and a guard rail. now, i live in chester ca. where i have been since 88. i have a sign shop where i do most of my serious thinking. i got married to my best friend in 04 and lost her in feb. 09. miss that woman daily.......hell, i still talk to her, even tho she died almost a year ago.. oh yeah, in 05 i had a heart attack followed by a 4 way bypass.....THAT was a trip.
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

North Hollywood, CA (Born 1954)

Apple Valley, CA (Dad owned FLAPS)

North Hollywood, CA (Too young...cant remember)

Costa Mesa, CA (Dad started w/NASA)

Norco, CA (working on Titan II)

Searcy, AR (1963...saw segregation first hand)

Burbank, CA (1964...Dad hired at JPL)

North Hollywood, CA (1973...I moved out)

Sun Valley, CA (Partying...cant remember)

Burbank, CA (1979...my 1st house/marriage)

Glendale, CA (Partying...cant remember)

Canyon Country, CA (1989...my 2nd house/marriage)

Palmdale, CA (2008...my 3rd house/marriage)
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
J.M

Post by J.M »

You guys are old... perhaps I should increase the font size.

Born in kingston Ontario

Moved to barrie for college

Michigan for University

Oakville

Burlington

Kingston

Toronto ..where I currently reside... and drive to Oshawa everyday to work at GM.

want to move somewhere warm and Flordia / AZ like.
atwistedgrip
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by atwistedgrip »

Ok... here's mine,

Born in San Bernardino, CA in 1967
Moved to Echo Park, CA when I was 3
Moved to Burbank, CA when I was 9
Moved out on my own to Pomona, CA just before I was 22
Then lived in Diamond Bar, CA for a tiny bit
Moved to Chino, CA for about 3 years
Then lived in Ontario, CA for a year
Moved to Norco, Ca for 2 years
Then moved to Mira Loma, CA for about 4 years
Later lived at a couple of places in Murrieta, Ca for a total of 3 years
Now I live in Sun City, CA.
But I am kicking the idea around to move again

So Cal for life!
Gary
Sun City is now Menifee, CA
CORSA member
IECC member
TimothyS

Post by TimothyS »

Born and raised in Covina California. Lived in Covina from 1961 until 2002. Then moved to San Dimas California (right next door) until 2006. Then moved to Durango Colorado. Cold in winter, beautiful year round. We will become "snowbirds" when our youngest is out of school in 6 years. We will be in Durango 6 months and in Fountain Hills, Arizona 6 months. Hoping to retire at that time but not sure I can stomach the thought.
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

JM wrote >>>You guys are old... perhaps I should increase the font size.<<<<<

LOL :rolling:

Looks like quite a few California guys here. I was born in Pasadena but also spent summers with relatives in Arcadia, Alhambra , and Monrovia.

I used to go belly surfing at Hunington beach often. Also used to water ski at Elsinore, Havasu and Lake Shasta.

Knott's Berry Farm , P.O.P. , rollor derby at the LA collisium, Deep sea fishing off Santa Barbara, Drag races at Irwindale, etc, etc.

Kevin
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

I remember lots of body surfing at Zuma and Santa Monica beach.

We would hitchhike or take the bus through Hollywood.

I remember one February day a guy from Chicago picked us up.

He was dumbfounded that we were going to the beach in the winter.

The bus ride through Hollywood was always great.

Back then they were freaks...now it's normal...sad really.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
turbo66coupe

Post by turbo66coupe »

Annandale, Virginia 1958 to 2004
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 2004 to Present

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Plainfield IL, south west Chicago burbs. Been in the burbs since born in '76. Originaly Batavia till middle school, then West Chicago till my mid 20's (a suburb not the city), then Aurora (yes same town Wayne and Garth were from) for a few years where my now wife and I purchased our first condo, stayed for a few years till we bought a house in Romeoville where we stayed for three years then sold for a nice profit and moved to our current house in Plainfield. Many people know Plainfield for the F5 tornado that devastated the town in 1990 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plainfield_Tornado ) The only F5 tornado ever in the Chicago area per wikipedia. I still remember seing the destruction 2 days after it occured, wont ever forget, have yet to see anything to that extent in person. Reminded me of a battlefield.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.

Return to “Off Topic”