Honda Engine in a Corvair Update???

Anything Corvair related
Corvair-EFI

Honda Engine in a Corvair Update???

Post by Corvair-EFI »

Got asked about this a few weeks ago and figured I should give an update or final disposition.

I was contacted about purchasing the engine/trans adapter, etc. I was not in favor of selling, so my initial was to say no. He asked if I would trade for a complete 140 engine...and I agreed since it was going to be awhile before I would ever make this happen.

I shipped the motor and what I got as a "real boat anchor" in return. It had set in water for many years and even the carbs were rusted shut. I informed him that engine sent was not even worth the gas to deliver to junk yard. He said he bought it from a "corvair guy" and hold him how special this engine was. YES... it is special.

He did say it would send me his 110 engine after he got it out and started on the project. Its been 2 years and still waiting by the phone/email, so....that's the way it goes I guess.

He did pay for all the shipping, so I was not out that, but out a pretty nice Honda engine with a Corvair to PG adapter. I figured I would give someone the opportunity since I was so busy, but I am not sure which opportunity it was.

So... I dare say unless I get an email on his progress/engine in the mail, etc.... this one may be GONE forever.

Ted

Brown Injections Systems, LLC
www.corvair-efi.com
Anderson, SC
Ted Brown
Brown Injection Systems, LLC
Anderson, SC
www.corvair-efi.com
toytron

Re: Honda Engine in a Corvair Update???

Post by toytron »

Ted that is so weird, not too long ago (maybe a couple of months or so) someone was selling a Honda setup for a Corvair in the Chicago south suburbs on craigslist.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza

Return to “Corvair Talk”