Fibre-Motive engines

For those of us that still like to play in the dirt.
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Fibre-Motive engines

Post by Am-Iron »

Thanks, Not as good of a deal as you found, but I am happy! Your car is what had me interested, and then Cody's Dads car. I found a set of 32/36 Weber/Holley Carbs for $130 with air cleaners. I think they will work great and I can't beat the price, especially with the K&N's! Have you found out what other goodies are inside your engine?
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Yes, as a matter of fact......oh and yeah, I was considering the Holley/Weber setup as well! I hope the linkage won't be too difficult, that's what I was wondering at least. Smokin' deal for $130.....shoot. Here's an update on the ol' Rat....

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=772&start=16
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

Good deal on the carbs. I have a set of 102 HP heads with the fiber motive manifolds. They were last on a dune buggy with those Weber/Holley carbs. Ran like a banshee! The buggy was very light with a 280 cam and a 3:89 axle. I suspect it would be a good combo on a full size car with the right mods/gearing. I don't know if 4:11 gearing fits into your build, but I think they would go a long way towards making those manifolds/carbs come alive.

I was also considering the Holley 350/2barrels next time. Not sure when that will be, though.
Attachments
102 HP Fibermotive heads
102 HP Fibermotive heads
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Good info Mike thank you! I know the gears would help but I want to road trip a bit with this. I might build it for another car who knows. I want something streetable and reliable for my current build and I am gathering parts for a turbo. but I do like the the wow factor and rarity of these manifolds. Are you going to use yours in your vert?

Flat6_music My heads come with the linkage it looks pretty complete but there are some "wings" or stand offs that hold everything in front of the manifolds that I will have to fabricate. You can see them in the polished engine in your thread.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

I hear you with the 4:11's. After about an hour on the freeway it would get kinda' tiresome. I am not going to use those heads on my 'vert. I want to build another 'glass bodied dune buggy with those heads on the motor sometime in the distant future. My GT car will have some creature comforts but I also will want some really good, but reliable power. It will be primarily a local ride, but I would like to be able to take a longer trip every now and then to events etc. Not sure how I will go with the intake setup yet, but I am leaning towards a 6 runner intake with a 4 barrel carb at first. I think I will eventually go FI once I get everything sorted out and save up some dinero. Always looking for options though as the engine build is a year or so away. I always seem to end up overdoing it. ::-): It's open right now.
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Topt57

Post by Topt57 »

I had a chance to buy a set heads with carbs but it was kind of pricey. I love the concept. Much better than 4 bbl or triple throats. In my mind, only reason for tri ports is Hilborn alcohol injection. Or think about two two barrell TBIs? Then add a blow through turbo (or 2?)
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Once you get all that air and fuel into the engine, one would need a less restrictive exhaust to make the most of the upgrade.
I seem to recall seeing Fibremotive Exhaust Manifolds for sale on flea bay several years ago which would be a nice find to go with the intake set up.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
chris

Post by chris »

caraholic4life wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:37 am Once you get all that air and fuel into the engine, one would need a less restrictive exhaust to make the most of the upgrade.
I seem to recall seeing Fibremotive Exhaust Manifolds for sale on flea bay several years ago which would be a nice find to go with the intake set up.
Interesting. I also picked up a pair of Fibremotive heads along with two Holley 350 cfm carbs and the linkage between both carbs. If I ever do install them (they need a valve job at the least) I planned on running my headers but finding actual Fibremotive exhaust would be even cooler!
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

I owned a set of Fibermotive's too but I've never seen their exhaust...anybody got pictures of that?
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
chris

Post by chris »

Phil Dally wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:57 am I owned a set of Fibermotive's too but I've never seen their exhaust...anybody got pictures of that?
Indeed! I'm interested to learn all I can about these heads because I'm foolish enough to consider using them on my regular, 3.27 rear street car.
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

Go Big or Go Home brother!!!
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!

Return to “Corvair Dune Buggies”