Floyd Clymer's Automobile Topics - May 1963

Videos, Brochures, Articles, Ads, Owners Manuals, How to...
jlouis707

Floyd Clymer's Automobile Topics - May 1963

Post by jlouis707 »

Hi All -

I recently found an old issue of Floyd Clymer's Automobile Topics Magazine from May 1963. I never seen a copy of the magazine before but I was drawn to it by the white Corvair Monza on the Cover. Interestingly it shares Chevrolet's dealer brochure picture. The issue is 36 pages and printed completely in black and white except the color front and back cover. Inside the magazine consists of a large number of small automobile news snippets, many less than a quarter of a page. Page 29 had a brief article on supercharging a Corvair.

Ironically this month, the Antique Automobile Club of America magazine featured a really interesting article on the life and amazing achievements of Floyd Clymer. He was a true pioneer of automobile and motorcycle books & publications. He was also very successful in sales and with large motorcycle dealerships up thru the 1960s.

Jeff
Attachments
Automobile Topics - May 1963.jpg
Last edited by jlouis707 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Louis
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible
Ermine White w/Red Interior
Nickshu

Re: Floyd Clymer's Automobile Topics - May 1963

Post by Nickshu »

I love that picture w/ the kids in the back. Looking for that one as a print so I can frame it and hang in my garage. Have searched Ebay in the past but no dice.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!

Return to “Misc. Corvair Videos and Media”