1966 Corvair Convertible

Anything Corvair related
Indian41

1966 Corvair Convertible

Post by Indian41 »

Hello my name is tony,

and i have a questions about my new project.

Does the front and rear seats from a 1963 Corvair Coupe fits in a 1966 Convertible?

And whats with the door panels? Do they fit in?

It looks like they´re the same size...

Thank you very much & have a nice day

Tony
Phil Dally

Re: 1966 Corvair Convertible

Post by Phil Dally »

WELCOME...where are you?

Front seats...maybe.

Back seats...no.

Door panels ...no.

Two different animals.
Attachments
philside23.jpg
philside23.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 648 times
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome: :welcome2: :wave: Welcome, Tony, to the Corvair Forum!

A Place for Your Bucket
:link: http://autoxer.skiblack.com/seats.html
From Larry Claypool:

There are 4 different Corvair seat bolt patterns: 62/64, 65/66, and 67/69, all increasingly narrower. 60/61 uses a different set up entirely with clamps rather than a direct bolt in at the front. SO... what worked in one Corvair will not necessarily "bolt in" to another. Moral - bring your tape measure and specs [for your particular car] when seat shopping.

larry claypool

Seth Emerson answered the question of swaps from other GM models:
The bolt pattern from the adjuster rails to the floor may be different on various GM models. The pattern that is likely to be the same is the pattern from the rails up to the seat bottom. If you flip over a late "bucket" seat, you will see the 4-bolt pattern with the rails bolted to the pan of the seat. The rails had to be special to each model to allow the seat to be properly placed on various contoured floor pans, That is how you can swap a seat from drivers side to passenger side - (okay, there are a few trim differences as well) and the seat will still fit, as long as you re-use the rails. In 1966 almost all of the GM buckets - except the Corvair - went to narrower patterns, Corvairs made the jump in 1967.

Seth Emerson
Here are some alternative seat options...

Late Model Seat Swap
:link: http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.ph ... 132,309132

You can often find good used parts and parts interchange information from the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. They have a large inventory and may have the items you need...

:link: http://www.corvairranch.com/

1079 Bon-Ox Road, ​Gettysburg, ​PA. 17325 USA
​Phone: (717) 624-2805
Fax us by the same number... ask us to hook up the machine
​Email: corvairranch@embarqmail.com
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9 to 5, Saturday 9 to 12
or contact us for an appointment.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
devairguy

Post by devairguy »

And coupes and Convert seats are not the same either, the adjuster knob is in a different location to clear the thicker rockers on the convertibles, coupe below the seat and convert actually comes thru the fabric material.
Todd Klawitter De Forest WI
63' Monza Coupe
65' Corsa Turbo Coupe
Indian41

Post by Indian41 »

Hello,

and a big thanks for the information.

Now i know that i have to buy a upholstery kit and could not use the seats from a 63.

Just buy the little Corvair last week and will see in the next weeks what it needs to bring it back on the road.

I´m from nothern germany and 45 years old

have a nice day

Return to “Corvair Talk”