SCORE!!

Anything Corvair related
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

SCORE!!

Post by TonyL »

Tonight my brother and I got a tip that a guy who owned a 65 monza was about to have it hauled to the junk yard, and that anything we wanted off the car was fair game.

We ran over with a few hand tools and scored two like new bumpers for my car. (mine were pitted pretty badly) nice 65 tail lamps, which i like better than mine,

and my brother really scored, The headlight bezels are like brand new, the side rocker mouldings are pristine, the rear alcove trim was bundled in the trunk to keep it safe! along with a whole box of brand new in the box raybestos brakes, rebuild kits, and a master cylinder. He got a lot of the little things that he was missing for his car, little plugs, and things, and nice door sill plates.

If you are freaking out, wondering why we didn't bring this car home, don't. The previous owner's angry ex boyfriend set the car on fire. = (
It was a really, really clean car before that happened. It's been sitting for years. And time has been unkind to the motor. It was a 110 powerglide car.

Im kicking myself for not pulling the brand new idler arm off. But it was dark, and this thing was harboring some serious black widow webs, and I was feeling like I was pushing my luck.
Pro-touring 66 Corvair Monza
Got an FQuick account yet? Get one! it's like Facebook for your car!
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: SCORE!!

Post by TonyL »

Here's some photos of the
Attachments
IMG00258-20100408-1951.jpg
IMG00259-20100408-1951.jpg
IMG00260-20100408-1953.jpg
Goop Of Oil
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Goop Of Oil »

TonyL wrote: Im kicking myself for not pulling the brand new idler arm off. But it was dark, and this thing was harboring some serious black widow webs, and I was feeling like I was pushing my luck.
What is that saying??? NOT Parting is such sweet sorrow. :doh:
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TonyL »

Goop Of Oil wrote:
TonyL wrote: Im kicking myself for not pulling the brand new idler arm off. But it was dark, and this thing was harboring some serious black widow webs, and I was feeling like I was pushing my luck.
What is that saying??? NOT Parting is such sweet sorrow. :doh:
Indeed. You should have seen it. Still glossy black, and brand new grease cups. If only I'd had the tools.

Also, It had a weird smaller steering box on the car, smaller than mine and Danny's. odd. That.

It also had a very good condition windshield squirter pump, and and hoses.
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

If the car's still around, Tony, you should grab those black license plates too!!.....and maybe that rear lower engine grille too. Nice tho'.....I love scoring finds like that.

Return to “Corvair Talk”