turbo rebuild by miniman!

Anything Corvair related
freedo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

turbo rebuild by miniman!

Post by freedo »

at the beginning of the summer i had him rebuild my turbo that has been sitting for 40 yrs, as he described it "it looks like it was pulled out of a lake" he rebuilt it for $200+ shipping, and i have put it threw its paces. this summer i did 10,000 miles on the turbo and it works like a absolute dream. i drove the car like i stole it for all 10,000 miles. if you were questioning sending it to him to get yours redone, do it and you will not be dissapointed. i will definitely be sending it back to him to have him upgrade it.
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: turbo rebuild by miniman!

Post by Scott H »

Awesome! :tu: :burnout:

and 10,000 miles over the summer...you were busy!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

Nick is the best and he knows what he is doing for sure!!!
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again
Hulkster Gets a Diesel
Zonker Gets Race Motor
Gem is Still my Favorite
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Now
Been Associated With Fifty+
Former Owner of SuperVair
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Thanks guys, anything I can do to help just let me know. Just keep in mind that we're working with really old parts at this point, and things can and will happen occasionally. All I ask is give me the opportunity to make things right first. I had an E-flow compressor explode on a guy who was racing not long ago, but he was pushing it really hard and there's nothing I can do about that. You race, you take your chances. Never happens on a stockish turbo, they don't spin fast enough. The stuff I sometimes see tends to be a slight weeping of oil on the hot side, and that's usually due to previous rebuild attempts damaging the bearing housing where the seal rests. Since I have no way to test them before I ship, if you run into an issue I take care of you on everything but shipping unless the part was questionable upon disassembly.

As always, I contact my customers first to talk about what I'd like to do and how much it will cost. I feel like this covers us both in the event something happens, the saying in my line of work is don't be the senior guy with a secret- so everything I know you will also know before you send me any of your hard earned recession dollars. :chevy:
Click it!

Return to “Corvair Talk”