bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

HISTORY MADE NOW: WHEELS OF FORTUNE

Post by bbodie52 »

PREMIERE EVENT
SAT., SEPT. 28 AT 8/7C

3 hours and 2 minutes long
Repeat Broadcast: Sunday, 9/29 @ 12:01 am.

:link: http://www.history.com/shows/history-ma ... tune/about
Car collectors from around the world are flocking to a small town in the heart of the Midwest for the chance of a lifetime. In a closed down family car dealership in Nebraska, the mother lode of classic cars, many with less than ten miles on the odometer, are going up on the auction block. In the special presentation History Made Now: Wheels of Fortune, HISTORY will have exclusive access to the collection and auction. The special will be hosted by Brian Unger and feature Top Gear’s Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust.

Amassed over five decades, this ultra-rare collection features 500 vintage vehicles with hard-to-find classics from the 1950s, 60s and 70s. Dubbed “The Holy Grail of Collectors,” the top collectible cars still have factory-wrapped plastic seats and less than ten miles on the odometer. This unprecedented auction is made possible by Ray and Mildred Lambrecht, a husband and wife team who ran the Lambrecht Chevrolet dealership for more than 50 years. When their dealership closed in 1996, many of their cars were kept sealed on the showroom floor. Now they’ve decided to make their amazing time capsule collection of cars available to the public. Their entire lot will be offered in an auction beginning Saturday, September 28 at the Lambrecht family farm in Pierce, Nebraska.

Viewers will see the very best of this historic auction as HISTORY showcases the top cars in the collection, including a 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car Corvette with only four miles, a 1958 Chevrolet Apache 31 Series pickup with five miles, a 1958 Chevrolet Cameo pickup with just two miles and a 1964 Chevrolet Impala two-door HT with only four miles.
Corvairs TOO! Watch it or set your DVR!

:link: http://www.superchevy.com/hotnews/1309_ ... y_channel/
When we told you all about the Lambrecht Chevrolet collection in Pierce, Nebraska, a couple of months back, the auction of the cars stored inside and near the out-of-commission dealership seemed far away. It has snuck up quite quickly, however, as the cars are being prepared to roll across the block this weekend. You'll be able to watch the action live during the History Channel's "History Made Now: Wheels of Fortune" special.

The show will take place on Saturday, September 28th from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET/PT and will be hosted by Brian Unger. Top Gear's Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust will also take part in the special event that many are calling a "Time Capsule" auction.

Of the over-500 cars being liquidated, many have less than 10 miles on their odometers, and some even retain factory-wrapped seats. They span the model years of the '50s, '60s, and '70s, and while some are worse for the wear after being stored outside for many years, most remain a car collector's dream.

The dealership closed down in 1996 after over 50 years in business with only the owners and a single mechanic running the show. The doors were closed and the cars that were stored inside didn't see daylight again until a couple of months ago when inventory was taken to prepare for the auction. More about Lambrecht Chevrolet and its owners Ray and Mildred Lambrecht can be found.

A 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car Corvette with only four miles, a 1958 Chevrolet Apache 31 Series Pickup with five miles, a 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup with only two miles, and a 1964 Chevrolet Impala two-door HT with only four miles are among those cars up for grabs.

The auction, presented by VanDerBrink Auctions (http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com), will include live online bidding by Proxibid, ensuring that anyone in the world with an Internet connection can participate in this historic event by visiting http://www.proxibid.com/vanderbrink.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Phil Dally

Re: HISTORY MADE NOW: WHEELS OF FORTUNE

Post by Phil Dally »

If they are nice to us I might forgive them for trashing us in the past.

What cannot be forgiven is the indiscriminate destroying of old cars.

They have destroyed, because it's in the script, many many classics of all makes.

If that is entertainment then put me first on the old fart list.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
sam60

Post by sam60 »

Great show so far, glad I get to see it. :chevy:
140-4 carb w/transaxle - Traded for a guitar

69 Wayne 100 - Blue Water hull - sitting out back
sam60

Post by sam60 »

Woodstock of old Chevy auctions..... :cool:

USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

they didn't show the 42,000 car on the show.
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

I believe it was the burgundy colored 63 coupe that was shown on a previous TV show when they first moved the inside cars out of the building where they were stored. It is amazing to me that someone would pay 42 grand for a car that needs paint and major mechanical restoration when you would be very hard pressed to get much over 20 Grand for a similar 98 point show level 63 coupe. (mind you I think our Vairs are consistently undervalued, but just saying).
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

my brother drove his 65 corvair to that auction today. he said that he had offers on his corvair that almost made me want to drive my 65 down there and put a for sale sign on it and I just still may do that tomorrow haha
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

The daughter is talking about the 63 being her first car and how much she loved it.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

got a link to that? it is nice to see and her of a new Corvair owner under the age of 30. lol
sam60

Post by sam60 »

Rutlidge isn't very informed on anything.......dry in Nebraska?

USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

guess I missed that part???? I due think that this top gear team need to have someone else write out their one-liners. on TV they funny but FAIL here
sam60

Post by sam60 »

USAF_vair wrote:guess I missed that part???? I due think that this top gear team need to have someone else write out their one-liners. on TV they funny but FAIL here
Rut said that the cars survived so well outside because of how dry is in Nebraska, unlike Atlanta....WTF?

USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

did hear the comment after that about the possibility because of the road salt. but I think it is that fact that the cars were in a shelter belt of trees and bushes.

haha that suburban that sold to a guy in Su Falls. maybe I should figure out who that is and go see it in person as I less then 5 mins from there.
mcgasman

Post by mcgasman »

Why did history channel have that Bryan guy on there? He did not anything about cars, or auctions. to much babble, not enough cars...I can't believe the prices. Now everybody with rust bucket chevy in a field thinks it worth 20k.
Brian (Mcgasman)
LaGrange,Ohio
62, Monza900
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

None of those three knuckleheads have any real car guy knowledge...just opinions.

We got trashed again by them based on misinformation and myth.

Top Gear USA will still be a no watch for me...they are morons.

The Lambrecht daughter was vairy complimentary of her first car...63 Monza.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:chevy: :whoa: :sad5: Three hours and two minutes of poorly-informed fluff. The show had great potential, but was poorly executed by the History Channel. I found it boring and disappointing. The idea of a dealer storing cars away for decades was intriguing, but I became very agitated and angry at the execution — parking them all in a field for decades and letting trees grow up through the cars! Imagine if they had been stored in an indoor warehouse facility instead! I think people were bidding on emotion and hope for a "new" classic car that somehow skipped decades of aging. But it didn't happen. They rotted in a field, and avoided only road salt damage. The prices paid were inflated by hopes, dreams, hype and publicity.

The reality will become apparent later.

:banghead: :rolling: :dontknow: :doh:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”