clarkssprings.jpg
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Parts?

Post by Scott H »

:eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

I see little feet scoping out the new toys. lol. My 4yr old loves cars almost more than me, he loves taking the Van out for a ride. He's burning up for spring to be able to use it, and to go fishing to. :tu:
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
RAV_AIR

Post by RAV_AIR »

Yeah she heard the word "no" a lot while I was laying those out. lol.

She picked up one of the coil springs and was trying to hand it to me... pretty strong for a not quite 20 month old!

Now to find the time.......
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Vanman wrote:I see little feet scoping out the new toys. lol. My 4yr old loves cars almost more than me, he loves taking the Van out for a ride. He's burning up for spring to be able to use it, and to go fishing to. :tu:

My 4 year old starts laughing and tell me to 'do it again' when I step on the skinny peddle. I'm thinking we are going to be in trouble with this one when he's in his teens..... lol
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

I used to get the same reaction from our oldest when I had my V8 S10. I would near redline it and he would want to go faster. Lol. That thing would stick you back in your seat.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

TBI 350 in my Jeep, all kindsa go. lol Gotta love kids. Keep her involved Ry!! Nothing wrong with a girl in kindegarten able to show her teacher how to change oil in a car. ;)

I love getting boxes of parts. :)
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Ok Ravvy - I'm still waiting for the installed pics .

Here's a package I bought on Ebay a few years ago. I mostly just wanted the anti-roll bars and I sold the springs and steering arms.
Attachments
ieco.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Ry ~ you're killing me man. Find some time to get those parts installed. gggg I want to see your car finished - how YOU want it to be. New color and all.

Kevin ~ nice haul of parts ... in the pic below the Otto LCA mounting bracket - those 2 little brackets ... are those what is needed to mount a rear sway bar? Still have em? I have access to a nice 3/4" rear sway bar here but no way to mount it.
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Mike - Yeah those were part of the rear bar mounts. They did not fit my car very well so i made my own brackets but I did cut and use some of the original.
It would be easy to make some from scratch. I'll take some pics if you need them.

I also ovaled out the the holes on the end to get some movement. At first the bar triangulated the rear suspension and it was ridgid with no movement.
The aluminum shims were for transmission clearance. I'm sure there are better ways to do it but I had a time limit and installed it while staying in Mo before the 05 convention.

Mine are 1" and very heavy and stiff. My car is bone jarring stiff and I will experiment with settings one of these days.

Also have a set of Delrin front suspension bushings I'll install someday. My current bushings are all good so I'm not in a hurry.

Dang groundhog - High winds and heavy snow this AM. My Vette is covered with snow and I won't even attempt to get it up the hill and into the tent when it's slick.
Attachments
rear bar 1.jpg
delrin.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Kevin, I must have missed this thread after my last post. Wow, you did make custom mounts for the rear sway bar. So it mounts to the under belly (body) and the trailing arms? Does it work good?

I have a friend with a 3/4" rear sway bar that he keeps telling me I need. lol.

Return to “Corvair Talk”