What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Anything Corvair related

What age bracket do you fit into?

16-25
9%
26-35
10%
36-45
15%
46-55
25%
56-65
24%
66-75
15%
76+
3%
Mind yer own BeezWax!
0%

Total votes: 704

azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Post by azdave »

xrotaryguy wrote:Still climbing the uphill side of the bell curve over here. :)
Aren't we all. ::-):
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
corvairnorm

Post by corvairnorm »

I'm encouraged to see so many "youngsters". Maybe down here in Florida the average age of the whole population is older, but I'm pretty sure the average age of Corvair owners here has got to be in the 60's. Our club has got some new younger members, and I am always trying to get my grandkids involved.
Norm Wright
Central Florida Corvair
Southeast Corvair Council
Corsa

63 Monza Convert
64 Spyder Convert
66 Corsa coupe-air conditioned
62 Rampside
harleyrider

Post by harleyrider »

I had to vote today, otherwise I would have to click on a different age range and that is psychologically tough LOL. (Turning 56 next week so today I could click the 46-55 range :clap: )

Bob
Bob

1963 Monza Coupe, 140HP, 4 speed
1965 Monza Coupe, 110HP, PG

slickcar101

Post by slickcar101 »

39! Today! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
knuckelhead1

Post by knuckelhead1 »

Hi, I am now at the right age of 72 and my first corvair was a 1961 900 m0nza at the age of 21 when I married and the wife did not like them and we got another car. Well, sorry to say the wife past about 5 years ago and I didn't think I was getting any younger so last year I go my 1968 Monza. Now if I can just get it going enough to just drive around town some it would be nice.... :tu:
Attachments
collage sized.jpeg
collage sized.jpeg (56.8 KiB) Viewed 14280 times
Corsa bill

Post by Corsa bill »

Well I got my first Car, my first Corvair at age 16, 1974. Now I'm 57 and got my 2nd Corvair two years ago. They are both Corsa convertibles. 1965's. Never really thought I have a 65 convert again. I'm a happy camper. Hope to get her painted up nice again. I want to do a custom paint job on it. I painted 1995 gmc truck and it came out really good, so I feel good about painting my Corvair . I'll do a two stage paint job with three coats of color.

Latrgatr

Post by Latrgatr »

My dad had a '61 4 door when he met my mom in junior college. They got married in '64 and traded it in for a new light blue '64 coupe. I came home from the hospital in that car in 1969. My parents kept the car around and running until I started driving in 1985. I drove the car through high school and college. Sold it in Texas in 2003 -- had 3 young kids and a tight budget at the time. I'd love to find it again someday. Just last year with my father getting older and not being able to work on his '64 convertible anymore, he gave it to me. I am having the absolute time of my life living in the garage making it roadworthy again!

monza66mo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by monza66mo »

I see that I'm in the large group (46-55) which doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that I have noticed a growing interest amongst the 16-25 age group lately. That's great! I guess coolness is only recognized by the cool, regardless of age.
Art in Missouri
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

At 55 I am one of the youngest members of my local club. One Corvair buddy is 51 years old, so that would make him the youngest. I do not see much new interest in Corvairs from the 16-25 age group, locally anyways, let alone any from the next age groups. Wait, I did hear from a guy at a car show a couple of years ago that his 16 year old was getting a 1960 Corvair back on the road. But that seems to be the exception, and he is not a member of the Corvair club. Even the older club members that had children, very few if any of them, ever had an interest in this automobile.

I do not know how I acquired a taste for the Corvair, maybe I like smaller, more unique cars. I guess I really do not run with the herd (Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, etc.). Back in high school when I was beginning to drive, most of the students cars were from the early to late sixties model years. A lot of 1963 and 1964 Bel Airs and such. No, nobody at my high school drove a Corvair, which is kind of surprising from a class numbering over 400 students.

From what I am seeing my club demographics are pretty heavy in the 65-75 year old range.
1964 Monza convertible 110/PG
er-mine

Post by er-mine »

first car in 1971 was a 62 pg convertible...nice car $90 bucks

i sold it cause i couldnt afford to put brakes on it ...actually did but i wanted a chevelle w a V8

had 5 of em and chased one for 30 years...didnt get it

now have a 64 4speed coupe, and a 65 pg rustomatic

why do i buy these things ...things that deter my real goal of a 65-69 4 speed convertybull 140Hp

i need thare a pee

oh yeah...am 62 this month..izzat what the threads about?
toytron

Re: RE: Re: What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Post by toytron »

knuckelhead1 wrote:Hi, I am now at the right age of 72 and my first corvair was a 1961 900 m0nza at the age of 21 when I married and the wife did not like them and we got another car. Well, sorry to say the wife past about 5 years ago and I didn't think I was getting any younger so last year I go my 1968 Monza. Now if I can just get it going enough to just drive around town some it would be nice.... :tu:
Hey knucklehead1,

Do you have any hi-rez pics of your car? I love the way that red looks. I am debating on a candy red or candy blue on one of my cars. I love the way the edges and ridges look on your car.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Corvair Forum mobile app
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
n8rwaswrong
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by n8rwaswrong »

I am amazed at how many people stop me and share a memory or their first experience with a Corvair or express general interest. I also own other classic cars, but the Corvair seems to generate the most conversations from all ages as I am out and about.
n8rwaswrong
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by n8rwaswrong »

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and the void it creates. I hope that your new found Corvair brings you some enjoyment as I am sure she would want you to be happy. Here is to many miles behind the wheel.
65c66h

Post by 65c66h »

33. Had my first at 25. 5th one now.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Corvair Forum mobile app
Why have a corvette when you can have a corvair.
BeN
lineberry
lostboy

What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Post by lostboy »

I'm 32 and just got one, but I've been a fan since I'm little.

-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
Joes64vair

Post by Joes64vair »

54 and first corvair, had many muscle cars and now a 64 2door monza i'v rebuilt from the ground up , recently primed in 3 different colors and looked kinda hidious but people round here in no.va. seem to flock to it so now I'm stripped it to the metal and it almost ready for the paint shop.
I love this little 4 speed :)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Corvair Talk”