What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Anything Corvair related

What age bracket do you fit into?

16-25
9%
26-35
10%
36-45
15%
46-55
25%
56-65
24%
66-75
15%
76+
3%
Mind yer own BeezWax!
0%

Total votes: 704

coleslaw31

Re: What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Post by coleslaw31 »

going into my 3rd year of owning a corvair, 68 convertible which I just recently put into storage to focus on a 66 Corsa coupe! So the addiction continues
Greenville South Carolina
CorsaSC chapter
68 convertible
66 Corsa coupe
BudShort

Post by BudShort »

I was 11 years old when the first Corvairs showed up at the dealerships. Junior in high school when the 1965 models were introduced. A lot of my teenage driving experience was in a 1962 Monza coupe and I've owned and been involved with a bunch of Corvairs since then. Sort of hard to get it out of your blood once you have been imprinted.
lostsoul

Post by lostsoul »

im 30 and have had and have a few cars I think I lived in the wrong time
Attachments
IMG_1483.JPG
wqqdster

Post by wqqdster »

64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Nice looking 64. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (90.79 KiB) Viewed 14749 times
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Lgbpop

Post by Lgbpop »

I'm a bit surprised that the greatest number of owners are in the tail end of the baby boomers, you all were just young kids when the Corvair was in production. I bet a lot of you grew up in a Corvair family! My first car in 1972 was a '65 Monza 2DR coupe, 110HP and Powerglide. Loved that car.
Iceland Spyder
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Iceland Spyder »

Hi all, I am 68 young years this summer and proud 64 Spyder owner in Iceland. :neener:
Attachments
Corvair 091.JPG
junkyardkustoms

Post by junkyardkustoms »

29! I got my '65 Corsa as my 29th B-Day present from my beautiful wife. Coincidentally, she is the 29th vehicle we have owned!
Duane in Bakersfield

Post by Duane in Bakersfield »

Unfortunately, it doesn't give you the option to input your age at first ownership. I bought my first Corvair (my dad and brother owned one each before me) when I turned 16. That was 42 years ago! LOL. I just bought Corvair #7 a few days ago, and haven't even gotten it home yet. It's an illness that has no cure... :dontknow:
Datsolow

Post by Datsolow »

I wish I'd looked across the water years ago , "once bitten forever smitten" is a phrase I'd use to describe corvair ownership.
In the uk I have never seen another and go regularly to shows , my friends say "awesome looking car!" Followed by "what is it!!!!!"
It's great to to be different, I prefer to lead not follow the masses!!!
The only modification I could ever see is maybe a porche engine in the rear !
Jim Hailey

Post by Jim Hailey »

I am '64 and have been a fan since they came out in 1960 and I was 9. Parents test drove one, but did not get it. I never understood it. Bought a '64 in 1969. Still have it.
1964 Monza, 110 HP, 4-speed Black-Red Interior
1962 Monza, 102 HP, 4-speed White-Red Interior
CoCoCo

Post by CoCoCo »

Can't claim to be a continuous owner since '72 when I got my '66 Corsa 140 Convertible (CoCoCo that is) and started working on it, but it sure feels like it since we've had them in the family since late '63 when dad brought home his brand new '64 Monza.
The convertible was a pretty good deal (even back then) at $275 and at first it was thought to be just a parts car. Ended up being MY $275 project pretty much right away, and never looked back. Sure would like to see it running around town again. Been awhile.
Now I'm sitting on his second, a '65 Turbo. Want to fix it up and play with it a bit before selling it on, but it's hard to let go of.

He would have been 95 this year and definitely set the tone when he brought home the '64 with many of the Fitch Sprint goodies he picked up from the dealer the same day. He daily drove and autocrossed that one for about 20 years before picking up the '65 and from then on was never able to decide which one was more fun. All I know is I spent many a fun trip in the right seat of that '64, and then many a good time in my '66.

The '65 has never been as good on the road as the '66 was (pretty sure it's not just a memory thing too) so it's probably now my life's mission to find out why.

Sounds like more fun in the offing!

PaulB
Joe B

Post by Joe B »

I just saw on the home page a section that said that there were no member birthdays today but there were 8 in the next week. Of the eight shown seven showed their ages, with the first 6 averaging 66 years 2 months! Is this representative of the entire membership? Are we really a bunch of old fogies (I'm 62) hanging on to our old cars? I thought this was only the case with Model Ts and '50s stuff! It might be interesting to see what the real average age of the group is.
er-mine

Post by er-mine »

First Corvair 1962 Marina Blue Powerglide convertible purchased in 1970 at age 16

Second Corvair 1964 Ermine white Monza 4 speed purchased in 2015 at age of 61
NMVair

Post by NMVair »

This is a very interesting thread. I'm 48 but I feel better than 38 since i don't drink anymore...But you know I think youngsters may be more inclined to be interested in Corvairs because they are an affordable classic...and then once you get one your hooked. We had all kinds of cars when i was young but the corvairs always stood out I think my dad thought they were production dune buggies because we had one with the roof cut off that we used to ride on the beach.
But when i was in High School I wanted a Fiat Spider. They looked good and they were cheap. I guess they were trouble, I don't know.
But my dad also said Pinto's were good cars and said he got rich fixing the gas tank deal
Dave
xrotaryguy

Post by xrotaryguy »

Still climbing the uphill side of the bell curve over here. :)

Return to “Corvair Talk”