Anything Corvair related
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Corvair Art -- Photo Thread !!!!

Post by UNSAFE »

This one really made me laugh!!

Yeah - that one is kinda cool .

I also found this one - I'm not so sure about it :dontknow: I guess I should be flattered :tongue:
CorvairCSi.jpg
Here's the original before the "artists" got ahold of it .
913.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

This is a poster from the Mitty at Road Atlanta one year ago . In fact Michael Leveque , last months car contest entry Mike Levine ,
and this months entry Rick Norris are all there right now as is Spence Shepard . Not quite the Corvair turnout as last year but that will likely never happen again.

Happy to say that I was there and this is an autographed poster by all of the drivers except one.
mitty 2012 poster.jpg

This is an autographed poster that was given/sent to me by forum member Sam Russell along with a T-shirt from the same event . Thanks again Sam !
ronnie runyun poster.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Otto Parts Cover Art
Attachments
otto.JPG
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

:tu:
Attachments
image.jpg
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TonyL »

Pro-touring 66 Corvair Monza
Got an FQuick account yet? Get one! it's like Facebook for your car!
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

I call this shot: "ACID VAIR"

Weird exposure from a film camera.

I didn't do any photo shopping at all.

Snow at my Canyon Country, CA house.
Attachments
acidvair.JPG
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
Grandpacorvair

Post by Grandpacorvair »

This was done in 2009 by a local artist that found us during a cruise in near Detroit.
Attachments
aandw.jpg
Kerry Borgne
1963 Spyder Convertible
Birmingham, Michigan
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :coolphotos:

Now THAT is one piece of Corvair Art that I would love to see make its way into the 2014 Corvair Forum calendar!

VERY NICE -- Depicting the Corvairs in one of their natural habitats!

A new category: Corvair Art of the Year! :thumbsupwink: :thumbup: :runwoohoo: :funnypost:

Such a painting , suitably framed, should grace the walls of homes and garages of Corvair owners and enthusiasts throughout the nation!
:ty:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I liked this enough that I decided to carry it over to the CORSA Facebook page to share it with others (and perhaps attract others to visit the Corvair Forum). In less than an hour it drew 10 Facebook "likes" and 7 comments!

:link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118663409016/

Someone commented that they did not like the fuzzy dice in the Corvair, but others defended it. This prompted me to do a little research...
The fuzzy dice seem to match the festive location and event.

I was curious about the history of fuzzy dice, so I looked it up...

Wikipedia:

Fuzzy dice, known in the British Isles as furry dice or fluffy dice, are an automotive decoration consisting of two oversized (usually six-sided) plush dice which hang from the rear-view mirror. In Britain and other parts of the world it is considered kitsch to display such items in a car. The concept of kitsch is applied to artwork that was a response to the 19th century art with aesthetics that convey exaggerated sentimentality and melodrama, hence, kitsch art is closely associated with sentimental art.

Origin and history:

The practice of fuzzy dice originated in the U.S. in the 1950s and is considered one of the first items sold specifically to be hung from a rear-view mirror. The exact meaning and origin of fuzzy dice is unclear, but one theory holds that U.S. pilots in World War II used dice in their cockpits for good luck, and they continued the practice when they came home from the war.

Fuzzy dice were at the height of their popularity in the 1970s and the 1980s but have since become increasingly rare. The practice of hanging any object from the rear-view mirror is prohibited in at least one state (Minnesota). A 1993 study showed there to be no correlation between the use of fuzzy dice and the degree of a driver's reckless driving behavior.
Brad Bodie
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TonyL »

TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TonyL »

Grandpacorvair

Post by Grandpacorvair »

bbodie52 wrote:I liked this enough that I decided to carry it over to the CORSA Facebook page to share it with others (and perhaps attract others to visit the Corvair Forum). In less than an hour it drew 10 Facebook "likes" and 7 comments!

Someone commented that they did not like the fuzzy dice in the Corvair, but others defended it. This prompted me to do a little research...
The fuzzy dice seem to match the festive location and event.

I was curious about the history of fuzzy dice, so I looked it up...

Wikipedia:

Fuzzy dice, known in the British Isles as furry dice or fluffy dice, are an automotive decoration consisting of two oversized (usually six-sided) plush dice which hang from the rear-view mirror. In Britain and other parts of the world it is considered kitsch to display such items in a car. The concept of kitsch is applied to artwork that was a response to the 19th century art with aesthetics that convey exaggerated sentimentality and melodrama, hence, kitsch art is closely associated with sentimental art.

Origin and history:

The practice of fuzzy dice originated in the U.S. in the 1950s and is considered one of the first items sold specifically to be hung from a rear-view mirror. The exact meaning and origin of fuzzy dice is unclear, but one theory holds that U.S. pilots in World War II used dice in their cockpits for good luck, and they continued the practice when they came home from the war.

Fuzzy dice were at the height of their popularity in the 1970s and the 1980s but have since become increasingly rare. The practice of hanging any object from the rear-view mirror is prohibited in at least one state (Minnesota). A 1993 study showed there to be no correlation between the use of fuzzy dice and the degree of a driver's reckless driving behavior.
Thanks for taking the time to post that to the Corsa site. Interesting that some folks didn't like the fuzzy dice heheh...Different strokes for different folks.

I noticed there was some discussion about the year of car pictured and its origin. That car is mine and it IS titled as a 1963. For all practical purposes it is a 64 though. It has the transverse spring, finned brake drums, 64 suspension, differential dip stick in the engine compartment etc etc... How this came about will likely remain a mystery, lost to time. Someone may have really wanted a 64? I don't know if its a 64 engine.

I noticed that I have never taken the time to introduce myself properly and for that I apologize! It's an oversight I'll correct as soon as I can find a couple of pictures of my car. (I probably only have a couple of hundred hehehe!)

Kerry
Kerry Borgne
1963 Spyder Convertible
Birmingham, Michigan
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

So far the picture has gathered about 26 "likes" in 24 hours, which is somewhat unusual and indicates a lot of interest. It also has received sixteen comments. Here is one of the most recent...
Brenden Dyer wrote:Honestly people, cant we just appreciate that someone has put a bit of time and effort into turning what is a pretty bland picture, and by putting a few Corvairs in there, now turned it into one kick ass pic that i want to put on my wall!!
See Scott! We need this picture in the next Corvair Forum calendar!! It will sell a lot more calendars that way!

I guess if you took the woman out of the Mona Lisa, the background there would be "pretty bland" too!

The same may be true with the Corvairs in an A&W Root Beer parking lot! The beauty is in the foreground!

Here are a few variations...
A&W Corvair Cruisers Saturday.jpg
A&W Corvair Cruisers Saturday (Black and White).jpg
A&W Corvair Cruisers Saturday (Black and White) 2.jpg
A&W Corvair Cruisers Saturday (Black and White) - Blue.jpg
A&W Corvair Cruisers Saturday (Black and White) - Emboss.jpg
So, if you take the Corvair out of the picture, you lose interest. Now, on the other hand, if you took the women out of the Corvair, would you also lose interest?
My Favorite of All Time Corvair Spyder Convertible Photo.jpg
==============================================================================================

Changing the subject...

The trim on the front of the Corvair is definitely from a 1964. As for the engine, the turbocharged engine serial number suffix code did not change in 1964. It remained "YR" in 1962, 1963 and 1964 -- changing to "RL" on the 180 hp turbocharged engines in 1965 - 1966. The quickest way to identify a 1964 or later 164 CI turbocharged engine is to note the presence or absence of a harmonic balancer. A harmonic balancer was added by GM engineers on all but the low horsepower (95 hp) 164 CI engines. The 1962 - 1963 145 CI turbocharged engines had a riveted steel crankshaft pulley.

Brad Bodie
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

1960 CORVAIR 700 CLUB COUPE line art.jpg
1960 700 COUPE - RED.jpg
1961 LAKEWOOD GREEN.jpg
1960-69 CORVAIRS.jpg
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Someone posted this on Instagram. It's from a Spider-Man cartoon. Looks like an Early :tu:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (108.11 KiB) Viewed 38164 times
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Grandpacorvair

Post by Grandpacorvair »

Still going through my Corvair stuff....found this 'creation' It was done by a local photographer who was making the rounds of the car shows. Took her six months to get the picture to me...... Everything in the picture was either in or on the car that day.
Attachments
295corvair2.jpg
Kerry Borgne
1963 Spyder Convertible
Birmingham, Michigan

Return to “Corvair Talk”