Car for sale...

Anything Corvair related
RAV_AIR

Car for sale...

Post by RAV_AIR »

I know this isn't the right area, but I really want to get the word out. I've got my Corsa up on eBay. I also posted this in my ad in the Cars for Sale section.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0466114988

Ryan
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Car for sale...

Post by Scott H »

I wish I still had the money, I have more than that in my car and I still can't drive it. :sad5:

Are you still going to have a 'Vair?
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
RAV_AIR

Post by RAV_AIR »

not for a while most likely. The car really needs a teardown and a repaint but mechanically the thing is practically restored. I'm selling my vair and my truck and buying something "normal". All of the old coots on CC are trying to talk me out of it, but I'm not having it. I need a "normal" late nineties 4 door with a V6. yep yep. Toyota Camry, Subaru Outback, Bonneville, Taurus...one of those.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Well it will be sad :sad5: for you not to have a Vair, but you do what you need to. I have always liked Toyota's, (Subarus too), nice and reliable. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

FYI: There is only one "normal" thing in this world...it's a setting on your dryer!! :cool:
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Hey Ry. Good luck with the sale.

I understand. When I had the Impreza wagon, it was great! Could throw the kids in, load it with whatever as it was an older car and didn't care if it got scratched and such. Heat worked great. Quiet going down the road. 33ish MPG. I had it for about 10 months, put about 12,000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from had issues with it running. He had replaced the MAF, full tune-up, new front tires, new exhaust, etc.. And still couldn't get it to run right, yea, tires/exhuast had nothing to do with the running issue. $20 later for a used MAF and it didn't give me a stitch of trouble. Changed the oil and put gas in it. Apparently the reman MAF he got from Napa was bad.... I sold it 10 months later, with all the extra mileage for a few hundred less than I had into it. It served well. Sold it to finance getting my Jeep back on the road. I was pretty much brought up riding in the back of the Jeep.
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
RAV_AIR

Post by RAV_AIR »

No longer for sale....unless someone wants to offer me a few grand! lol!
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

No longer for sale ? Huh ? I was just getting ready to bid the big bucks . :cool:

Ravvy - straight up and IMHO. Get yourself a decent driver for now and be happy. You can always get another Vair when the time is right. Heck - I've even been Vairless a few times myself :oldtimer:

Don't buy some junker with a blown head gasket and expect some stop leak to fix it. I can usually tell with about 30 minutes of seat time whether a car is roadworthy or not. The Japs do make good vehicles. I've had lots of Japanese cars in my life and it's been Toyotas exclusively for the last 16 years. Never one failure - did have an O2 sensor trigger the check engine light on my 2001 Tundra but it did not effect how it ran. The wifes 4 Runner is ten years old without any failures and is still using the original battery.

I did drive my old blue 67 Vair daily for almost 10 years and it never left me walking but it is totally different up here. If it had broken down I could have just pulled over and parked it and easily walked or hitchhiked for help.

I really would't like to break down on the roads and highways/freeways that you have to drive on. It's almost a phobia for me !

Now the humor -- if you do try Ebay again ----- let me help you write the ad :not worthy:
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska

Return to “Corvair Talk”