Hose Part Number Help.

Anything Corvair related
vaporloc

Hose Part Number Help.

Post by vaporloc »

When I took the rear door panel off of my 65 140 Corsa convertible, to repair the rear window, I found a brand new hose lying down in there. It has a GM part number of 539571-H.. Does anyone know what it is for.. Seems to be about 2.5"s long and maybe 2" dia..?? Looks like a turbo hose between turbo and intake manifold but not sure since it was in a 140 car. Still looks like the day it was made.
I have to buy new batteries for my camera before I can post a picture..
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Hose Part Number Help.

Post by UNSAFE »

The description sounds like a turbo hose - it's listed as 2 1/8" but the number doesn't match the # in the 1969 P&A book.

It seems like it probably got there sometime after the car was built and not at the factory . I'm pretty sure the bodies were built in a separate plant than engine installation and it would be pretty hard to be accidentally or intentionally left there .

But who knows :dontknow:
Attachments
scan0044.jpg
scan0045.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
vaporloc

Post by vaporloc »

I see where it has a different part number then Kevin has listed for a turbo.. Wonder if it is a dealer service part? Wonder if I put it on ebay how would I list it? NOS Turbo Hose? It is 2 1/8 dia. and 2"s long.. It is amazing to see how good of shape it is in...
hose 1.JPG
hose 2.JPG
jtremper

Post by jtremper »

I know this is a very, very old post, but that hose isn't for a car, it's an intake hose coupling for a Continental O-470 engine as would be on a Cessna 180 in the early 50's. Part number has changed a half dozen times since then.

Return to “Corvair Talk”