suspicious corvair for sale in MD

Anything Corvair related
Trip

suspicious corvair for sale in MD

Post by Trip »

Hiya guys, just wanted to let you know about this.

I'm shopping for a Spyder coupe and decided to contact these folks about this car that did not meet the reserve on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

I talked to a guy there who provided the VIN which was a Spyder VIN, but there are some issues. First the tail is missing the cutout for the Spyder exhaust.. ok so it was replaced. Next, the guy said there was NO body tag in the engine room. I guess it's possible that whole corner was replaced but I wouldn't want to pay much for a Spyder that is missing it. Last I had him check the engine block ID and after a little trouble reading it decided it was YL which is NOT a turbo block. It might have been my imagination, but it sounded to me like the guy got nervous when I mentioned checking the hidden VIN.

If I was local I'd go take a look for myself. Maybe it's worth making an offer on just for the turbo setup and a possibly good body. If the work is good that body would make a great replacement for a rusty one... assuming the VIN matches the hidden one.

PS- I'm looking for a decent Spyder coupe (fairly rust free, any year, most any color combo) for $3,000 or less. For 3k it needs to be roadworthy but needing a paint job is fine. A car that is not roadworthy would have to be a lower price so I can make it ready to drive quickly.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
TheHillsOfSlandro

Re: suspicious corvair for sale in MD

Post by TheHillsOfSlandro »

frederick maryland is not far from me at all. maybe I'll go check it out this weekend.
65 500 140 P/G, 67 1/2 datsun 1600 roadster, 62 Olds F85.
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

I was just in Frederick 2 weeks ago.. bummer I'm not there or I'd check it out. Meanwhile on the topic of interesting Vairs....

Anybody interested in a:
1999 Front Wheel Drive Corvair

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid= ... ad=8517710
1966 Corsa Coupe
TheHillsOfSlandro

Post by TheHillsOfSlandro »

hahhahah
65 500 140 P/G, 67 1/2 datsun 1600 roadster, 62 Olds F85.
zappaz

Post by zappaz »

wow a 99 ! thats frickin awsum !
goes to show the technology were using that site probly wont go as far back as the 60s or under stand the rear engine
of worst case the car is stuck in reverse

Return to “Corvair Talk”