They Shot My Hood...

Anything Corvair related
vaporloc

They Shot My Hood...

Post by vaporloc »

My neighborhood has really became the HOOD.. First they shot me and my garage.. Now they must have just shot up in the air and the bullet came down and hit the hood my my 65 Corsa vert. It was parked outside the garage door for just two days while I worked on the 66 Turbo conv.. When I took the car cover off to back it into the garage again, a bullet fell out from the cover.. Than I saw the hood.. It's hard to see from pictures but it has a big ol dent in it.. No wonder my house will not sell with all the rif-raft moving in.. Used to be such a nice quiet neighborhood..
one.JPG
two.JPG
Vanman

Re: They Shot My Hood...

Post by Vanman »

WTF!
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Yikes. That sounds like a pretty nasty area. Time to drop the price again and get the heck out of Dodge.

Bummer on the hood too. That will be a full panel repair & paint.
vaporloc

Post by vaporloc »

Mike J wrote:Yikes. That sounds like a pretty nasty area. Time to drop the price again and get the heck out of Dodge.

Bummer on the hood too. That will be a full panel repair & paint.
Mike when we first moved to this part of Memphis it was really great.. Good schools, neighbors who have lived here since birth.. About 5 or 6 years ago, two of our neighbors were moving. The one next door said to my wife and I, time to sell.. If you read the papers, trouble is coming this way.. We didn't listen. Both had good jobs and life was good. Both of their houses sold within 2 weeks at their asking price. Because of the banks and politics, houses in this area were sold to people who could not afford them. Section 8 and such.. Alot of them went repo by the banks. (now empty crack houses) Some rented them out to people who would only live in them until they would get evicted. Then more rif-raf would move in. People who let their kids run wild. Most of the crime is being done by 14,15 and 16 year old kids with bigger guns then the police have.. They know they spend a night in juvie and out to mom next morning. We have dropped the price on the house as low as we can go without just giving it away and leaving.. Kinda stuck here for awhile. But I did go out and buy a couple of guns for myself now. Never had a need for one before.. Bought a 9mm and a 12 gauge shot gun with double 00 buck shot.. Hope I never have to use them but if they kick my door open, as is being done now around here, I'll keep pulling the trigger until I run out of bullets.. :assault:
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

>>>>First they shot me and my garage.. Now they must have just shot up in the air and the bullet came down and hit the hood my my 65 Corsa vert.<<<

I'll tell you guys what -- I have lived in Alaska for most of my life and just riding on a boat or walking in the woods can be fatal around here.
I have bears in my yard or on my deck almost everyday in the summer and I have to carry a firearm just to go fishing on the beach BUT---------

---- I am scared to be in the places that some of you guys live in . It's too dangerous !

It will likely get worse before it gets any better.

A big difference is that bears are predictable -- people aren't !
bear1.jpg
bear1.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

Kevin
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Where at in Memphis? I used to go there in the 90's. My mom lived in Colierville. I have a friend in Sommerville to the east still, huge VW collector. I thought alot about moving, but its way to different for me than the midwest. Grew up in the burbs of Chicago and most likely will die there.
Last edited by Vanman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
vaporloc

Post by vaporloc »

Vanman; we are just west of Bartlett which you probably know is close to collierville.. Crime is also getting bad is those towns also, according to the news everynight.. My corvair friend Dave say's, I don't care where you move to anymore, kids are out of hand. Parents are to busy to raise them correctly so they run wild and there will be guns and crime.. :rafman:
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Yeah next house I buy will be a old farm house near the middle of nowhere. Its not like that here in Plainfield. But I could see it happening in the not to far future. That sucks. Cant wait for the economy to pick up so I can sell my house.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.

Return to “Corvair Talk”