what color sells best?

Anything Corvair related

What color Corvair sells best (Late Model)?

Bright Red
33%
Light Blue
7%
Blue
4%
Dark Blue
4%
Yellow
11%
White
11%
Silver
4%
Black
4%
Maroon
22%

Total votes: 27

Trip

what color sells best?

Post by Trip »

Howdy all, spring is here and I'm nearly ready to get back to work on the Corvairs.

I've got a 65 Corsa 140 coupe under construction that I plan to sell and I'm thinking about color choices to help it sell quickly for the best price.

Off the top of my head I'd say bright red probably sells best, I'd like some input from you guys based on past experience etc.

The car has a black interior.

Thanks for your input =)
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: what color sells best?

Post by Scott H »

Red isn't called resale red for nothin I guess. Personally I don't buy red cars. I like charcoal grey, white although I wouldn't choose that color if I was to paint a car. I think an lm would look good that Nassau blue from the tri-5 Chevys.
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

I agree totally, Scott. I don't buy red cars either. There's only 1 red I like and it's Roman Red from '62. I personally am a sucker for green cars (gotta be the right green though, like a dark forest or seaweed) but I know they're the hardest to sell too. I personally like a nicely done silver or off-white. It's simple, sort of classy and goes great with a black interior. I must be pretty picky about my shades because if I see 10 yellow (especially) red or blue cars, I'll think their particular shade sucks. Certain shades just come across as cheap.....I don't know what it is. Oh yeah, I also am a sucker for an evening orchid or something similar. Certain misty silvery blues and purples are just mysterious and bad ass.

BTW, welcome back Grymm.
wingnutandme
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by wingnutandme »

Okay, I voted for the red. You asked the question, I voted, but I don't particularly like red. I've had two red vehicles; a red jeep Cherokee about 18 years ago and my red rampy. Both were not purchased for their color, they were purchased because they were a "to die for deal."

So then, what is the correlation between red being a great "resale" color and the fact that there is all but one red Corvair in the Corvair of the Month voting? BTW, ours is the not red one. :tu:
61 Rampside
Ultra Van #328
CORSA, Corvanatics, UVMCC, VCE
Corvanatics Secretary/Treasurer/Newsletter Editor
UVMCC Newsletter Editor
Cosworth & a Vega Kammback
80 TR7 Vert
Trip

Post by Trip »

Thanks for the replies and the welcome back :wave:

I originally didn't think I liked red but have long since decided that I do. I love the "Victory Red" on my 66 Corsa coupe.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
mamavair

Post by mamavair »

Guess I am a little odd, cause I like more 'non traditional' colors. I am very partial to bronzish colors and browns. I also like colors that reflect other colors. I saw a black vehicle the other day that had a blue tint to it and thought that was pretty awesome. But, Red is a good seller and if I had my choice of red, it would be a maroon.
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

I'd have to go with something other than red myself... I'm partial to my 1980-82 Mercedes-Benz China Blue.
stinson108.3

Post by stinson108.3 »

I voted for Bright Red It supposed to be the most unsafe color for cars! i thought it might be appropriate! :rafman:
Wife and kids or a Porsche??? Well I got a corvair and the family... best of both worlds!!
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Not sure what sells best. But like stated above tend not to buy red cars either. Its nothing against red a good red paintjob always looks good. But doesn't it seem like red cars for sale have been abused more than other colors? Why is that? Maybe its in my head.
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
Mountain Pilot

Post by Mountain Pilot »

A Yellow Corsa 4 speed LM driven 10 k miles will gather far more tickets than a Red Cave car driven 100k miles. :doh:

I know this from personal experience, I think that the Yellow is easier to see at 90 mph... :tongue:
Richard Cutter
Monte Vista, Colorado

1960 700 Sedan / 1964 Spyder, Conv. / 1964 Monza Sedan
“Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.” -George Orwell
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Mountain Pilot wrote:A Yellow Corsa 4 speed LM driven 10 k miles will gather far more tickets than a Red Cave car driven 100k miles. :doh:

I know this from personal experience, I think that the Yellow is easier to see at 90 mph... :tongue:
You may be onto something there.......aren't certain cities' firetrucks painted yellow for that reason?

I also love maroon! Forgot about that!
indianalakewood1961
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by indianalakewood1961 »

I voted for Red but I love to be at a show and park and really see how yellow stands out parked against all the red & blues & green cars, it's hard not to notice it.. ::-):
wingnutandme
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by wingnutandme »

indianalakewood1961 wrote:I voted for Red but I love to be at a show and park and really see how yellow stands out parked against all the red & blues & green cars, it's hard not to notice it.. ::-):
I understand what you're saying as we get all kinds of comments on how they love the color
small profile wagon.jpg
small profile wagon.jpg (29 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
61 Rampside
Ultra Van #328
CORSA, Corvanatics, UVMCC, VCE
Corvanatics Secretary/Treasurer/Newsletter Editor
UVMCC Newsletter Editor
Cosworth & a Vega Kammback
80 TR7 Vert
Mountain Pilot

Post by Mountain Pilot »

Saw a photo of your Yellow Lakewood a while back and felt that when I get one it will be painted the same way. Looks great. :coolphotos:

BTW - When I was a kid, first driving all I had to drive was a 1956 Mercury Sedan that was Yellow with a White top, boy the harassment I got about driving a Taxi Cab... :neener: Still have great memories of that car.... :tu:
Richard Cutter
Monte Vista, Colorado

1960 700 Sedan / 1964 Spyder, Conv. / 1964 Monza Sedan
“Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.” -George Orwell
Trip

Post by Trip »

I'm a huge fan of yellow but I know quite a few people dont like it. At least one of my "keepers" will be yellow. I'm known to change my mind several times per day on major decisions, but presently I'm thinking I might actually clean up my 66' Corsa nice and sell it this spring.. it's already resale red =)

I hate to part with it, but I think it will be the best to sell because it has no rust or amateur repairs. I'll use the money from that sale to fund the completion of my two 65 Corsa's.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

:rafman: :EMs Rule:
Attachments
61va2 016.JPG
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

Return to “Corvair Talk”