EM's are best.
44%
My Dad can beat up your Dad.
14%

Total votes: 638

Trip

Re: LM vs. EM Debate.

Post by Trip »

I'd like to add: I think all antique cars need a wheel and tire upgrade to look the way I think they should... but earlies need it even more than lates do!

I think maybe that's what changed my mind and made me start liking the earlies.... finally seeing some with nice wide wheels and tires... earlies look really "grandma" stock.. but an early with some kickass rolling stock looks pretty mean!

I've got 14x7's on the 63' coupe that just barely fit with the fender lips rolled up.... the rear wheels are actually outside the fenders by about 1/4 of an inch... she looks beastly! I'll post pics once I've got her finished up and painted the rest of the way.... I sprayed paint from the windshield back about 3 hours ago but have a bit more body work to do before I paint the front clip.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I totally agree Grymm. I can't wait to see what you did on your '63.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
joepad
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by joepad »

Just from an aesthetic point of view, the LM Vairs are nicer. Nicer lines, more of a work of art and looks more like it is in motion standing still than EM Vairs.
new mexico vair

Post by new mexico vair »

i am rerally surprised Lm are leading. I think EM provide the classic unique styling that can only be a corvair. Keep them original but modify them to be sleepers and you have the best of all worlds. It is true late models have that in motion look when they are standing still but the truth be told they share alot of styling with other makes and models of the day. Maybe it could be said keep the early models original and customize the late models. Does any of this make sense? For me its EM, i get just as many gals looking at my 64 with dingle berries as any other classic car I have owned or my Harley for that matter. And after all isn't that what its all about?
1964 Monza Corvair
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

The First is always the best!
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Corvair.crazy wrote:The First is always the best!
Er... Star Trek the Motion Picture® blows, The Wrath of Khan© rocked. So, there is a flaw in your logic.
That being said, LMs rule. :assault:
emt44

Post by emt44 »

I have to go for EM :rafman:
1964 Monza Convertible. Barn Fresh!!
reidmier
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by reidmier »

Personally, I like the style of the LMs more than the EMs, but I still love them both. I voted for both since either model is still more unique, simple and functional than just about any other vehicle of the era. Besides, you can pick up an EM, a LM and a FC and still not spend as much as you would on one of the popular 60's muscle cars. "Look baby, I can get 3 or 4 Corvairs for the price of one '69 Camaro!"
Reid M.
Washington, UT.
'65 Monza 110 PG

http://www.hacoa.org/
http://www.vegasvairs.com/
cityhawk

Post by cityhawk »

OK, I'll admit to being a chicken and voting for both. I have a LM and have always been drawn to the LMs (it was the LMs I fell in love with as a kid). But the EMs grow on me, and I agree with the poster who preferred the EM 4-doors to the LM 4-doors. Although I live in the city and I don't have a practical place for any more Corvairs, once I finish my '66 Monza vert, next on my Corvair bucket list is a Greenbrier, then after that, possibly a '69 if I can find one in restorable condition, just because there's something noble about restoring a '69. :tu:
Karl in Boston
1966 Monza Convertible 110/PG
The Willow Hill Garage
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

Personally I think EM's look cool if you can't see the nose... Especially the ones with the grills on the deck lid.
1966 Corsa Coupe
SVLVair

Re: EM vs LM Debate

Post by SVLVair »

Scott Howey wrote:
gabbagabbawill wrote:I'm not sure that they're truly more popular, but I'm sure there are a lot more of the LM around, thus skewing the results a bit. ;)

Personally, I have no desire for a LM, but love my EM coupe and really want a rampy.

Hey, the EM will have it's 50th anniversary soon!! :D
I WAS an LM ONLY guy, till I got a '64 coupe in a "package deal". I am really liking the EM and I haven't even been able drive it yet. ;)
I wonder where you got a package deal like that? Hmmm...
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

To be fair I must confess I always loved LM's. Now that I own two EM's of course I am slanted. However I do like the tail lights and the round quarters on the EM's. I think it looks very European. Not that Euro cars are superior but the do have style. :cool:
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

If not for the Early Models _________________

They might still be making late models ! :rolling:
Attachments
1708.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

It's kind of like asking which is best......Your first "True Love" or your current seriously hot mistress (who also happens to be your wife)! Apples and Oranges, I assure you. :evil:
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

If you look at the numbers, they made more EM than LM. Maybe the LM was a poor seller and that is why they died :dontknow:
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
mart

Post by mart »

I was hoping this thread would help me decide which type to buy.....but it hasnt.....I like both in coupe form, and I agree that fitting the right wheels makes a lot of difference to the looks , but does anyone know how to make an LM fitch sprint look good? That roof is a no-no....and Yenko side glass cover is no better.... why spoil such perfect lines for the sake of change?

Return to “Corvair Talk”