We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HERE

Anything Corvair related
MtnVairMike

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by MtnVairMike »

davemotohead wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:45 am The simple fact they deleted Andria's account for her simply following their new rules and they did it instantly. But then after numerous letters. PM's and requests from numerous members to reinstate her account, they had to have a board meeting and put her reinstatement on the table and vote on it? THEN they vote to enforce her ban permanently! All for her following the rules they established and doing as she was asked by taking the conversation to a PM! That is wrong on every level!

And now they claim they (the Bod) are the victims of our abuse? WOWSERS! :assault:
Dave,

Great post, I apologize in advance, if I accidentally clicked to report this post, I was trying to quote and post. If I hit it was accidental, darn buttons are too close together on small screens. All good I hope.

Thanks,

Mike
Last edited by MtnVairMike on Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
MtnVairMike

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by MtnVairMike »

Lane66Monza wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:33 pm Dean:

Thanks for the heroic effort in trying to get corsa to understand the issues and have them turn around the forum before it was too late. When I heard their statement that they bought the forum and was branding it as a corsa product, I knew their was no way corsa would be inclined to listen to the forum members about needed changes, even on just the display colors. Now, they are banning people and calling the ccf members troublemakers and instigators, when the members attempt to present corsa's own facts back to them.

The ccfis doomed, if they stay the course. In 2 years, the site license probably won't be renewed, if membership drops significantly and postings drop to almost nothing on a daily basis.

Again I appreciate your effort with the letter. Let us know if they send any updates. But I believe former ccf members will not be jumping to go back to the ccf, when they get a good feel for this forum.

Al Lane
They lost me and my posts Al, may look a bit once in a while but that will fade I'm sure....

Mike
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Mike:

The situation at ccf is not tenable and can't last for much longer. I guess the elections in a few months might help. Don't know if ccf will survive until new management gets in.

I am not holding my breath. I left back in August and won't go back for Vair tech any more. I will use CCF to get some of my old info to help out here. I have some good info I couldn't get posted on ccf since it was in PDF files. Hope I can post my PDF files here.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Lane66Monza wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:22 pm Mike:

The situation at ccf is not tenable and can't last for much longer. I guess the elections in a few months might help. Don't know if ccf will survive until new management gets in.

I am not holding my breath. I left back in August and won't go back for Vair tech any more. I will use CCF to get some of my old info to help out here. I have some good info I couldn't get posted on ccf since it was in PDF files. Hope I can post my PDF files here.
Yes you can attach PDF files here.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Scott:

Thanks for the info. It helps all us newbies.

I tried adding a few this morning and they were accepted. So I will continue adding the procedures I have put together over the past 10 years.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

:tu: Thanks Al. Your expertise and the preservation of it are invaluable.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
buzz1009

Post by buzz1009 »

Hey Glen, thanks for your explanation of what happened at the Forum...I thought I was the only one who could not sign in, even through various attempts to get a response back or to be able to reset my password.

Looks like they are trying to establish some kind of exclusive discussion club, with general (as well as prominent) population be damned.

Gary
61 Rampside
65 500 coupe
Gary
'65 500 cpe, 110/4
'61 Rampside, 80/4, floor leveler
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi Gary,

It's true that, when the software conversion took place, folks had to sign-in with a username and password just to see the posts on the Corvair Center Forum. But that was quickly fixed by Alec. Everybody and anybody can now view all the posts without logging in.

Of course, to initiate a new post or respond to an existing post, you need to log in. That's true of any forum that I've ever seen.

Due to the software conversion, I believe it's necessary to replace your old CCF with a new one. I know I did. Matt Nall quickly responded and I got a new password the same day.

As a member of the CORSA Board of Directors, I can assure you that we have no intention of "trying to establish some kind of exclusive discussion club, with general (as well as prominent) population be damned."

Allan Lacki, speaking for himself!
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster
RUNNING FOR EASTERN DIRECTOR

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-sec Drag Car by Ken Arnold
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Al, according to the Corsa Code of conduct (Gag Order) aren't you violating the rules speaking for yourself on behalf of Corsa? Seems the rules state you must have a board meeting and get the collective permission of the BOD to speak on social media? You know because Corsa has nothing to hide and is a transparent organization? Seems to me you just broke the first Gag Order rule? :banghead:

Each Director shall agree to: #1.Refrain from posting announcements, assertions and rebuttals of any kind regarding Corvair club business on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and all other electronic forums unless authorized by the express written consent of a board-approved designee who shall, for purposes of this policy, be referenced as the club’s “public relations representative"

So did you ask the board for permission to speak? Are you the official Corsa spokes person? NO?
Well then when are you being Voted out by the board for breaking 2 of the rules?

Compliance: Directors are hereby expected to comply with the code above. Failure to follow this code will result in disciplinary action which could include censure, removal from the board of directors or removal from club membership. Incidents of non-compliance reported to any member of the board shall be communicated to the President or Vice President as appropriate. They will then conduct a meeting of the Corvair club’s officers to determine an appropriate response! :rafman:
Attachments
UntitledzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.jpg
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hello Dave Watson,

That's an interesting view. From where I see it, I think I'm in compliance with the Code of Compliance for CORSA Directors. In other words, the code is not as restrictive as one might think. According to the Code, board members should:

"Refrain from posting announcements, assertions and rebuttals of any kind regarding Corvair club business on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and all other electronic forums unless authorized by the express written consent of a board-approved designee...."

The Code further explains, "Examples of Corvair club business include proposals, motions, discussions, decisions, and votes memorialized in meeting minutes or other forms of correspondence (including telephone conversation notes and emails)[ by and between board members."

My position is that my posts haven't dealt in Corvair club business as defined above. I haven't posted anything about proposals, motions, etc. and certainly not "by and between board members".

Also, the posts I have made have nothing to do with "positions taken and actions made by the board of directors." All I did was attempt to describe an improvement made to the Corvair Center Forum and correct a misconception about the audience the Board would like to cultivate for the Forum. "I can assure you that we have no intention of "trying to establish some kind of exclusive discussion club..."

In that regard, I've simply tried to " Present the Corvair clubs in a positive light no matter the situation", which the Code also requires.

Allan Lacki ::-):
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

Allan Lacki wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:55 pm Hello Dave Watson,

That's an interesting view. From where I see it, I think I'm in compliance with the Code of Compliance for CORSA Directors. In other words, the code is not as restrictive as one might think. According to the Code, board members should:

"Refrain from posting announcements, assertions and rebuttals of any kind regarding Corvair club business on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and all other electronic forums unless authorized by the express written consent of a board-approved designee...."

The Code further explains, "Examples of Corvair club business include proposals, motions, discussions, decisions, and votes memorialized in meeting minutes or other forms of correspondence (including telephone conversation notes and emails)[ by and between board members."

Allan Lacki ::-):
Allan Lacki wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 am
Please. At no time did the CORSA Board of Directors cause or advise the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to remove or alter the content of their website while it was hosted on the CORSA server. We never caused the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to configure their site such that visitors needed to enter a CORSA Member ID to see the website's contents. Nor have we ever required chapters and special interest groups to limit their membership to CORSA members. I'm not aware of any CORSA chapter that is comprised solely of CORSA members. Mine certainly does not.

Space on the CORSA server is free of charge for chapters and once their subdirectory has been established and their login credentials are set, their webmasters are free to load their website files without any interference from us.

Allan Lacki speaking for himself! ::-):
Gee. That second quote (from a different thread on this forum) sure looks like an "assertion and rebuttal...regarding Corvair Club business" to me!!
Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hello Bill,

I hope your response about my message to you was intended to be a light-hearted jab.

As noted in my response to Dave above regarding the Code of Conduct's restriction on "announcements, assertions and rebuttals of any kind regarding Corvair club business on social media" etc....

My position is that my posts haven't dealt in Corvair club business as defined above. I haven't posted anything about proposals, motions, etc. and certainly not "by and between board members".

Last year, during the directors election, I was criticized for attempting to extend my authority beyond that specifically authorized by CORSA's governing documents. Now, you guys are criticizing me for responding to posts by referencing a governing document that specifically doesn't prohibit what I have done. :banghead:

Throughout it all, I wish you all the best!
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I had seen the words before, but dismissed it, but now it is hard to. ccf is now defined as a club with club rules, but part of corsa. That means the forum no longer exists and all postings must meet their strict club rules. Now I understand when they said they were changing it to implement the corsa brand into the old forum. corsa is a club amd now ccf is part of the club.

I am very glad I couldn't live with the new ccf display and left in August 2023. I missed all the drama and club activities that brought the exodus on. Welcome to all exiting ccf members who have joined to date. I expect more to be joining as the month goes on.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

I’ve noticed new posts at the CCF have dropped dramatically. As much as I have supported CORSA in the past, they remind me of big government or a giant megacorp after a merger. The customers and often employees get screwed.
David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible, 140/4sp
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera, 3.6L/7sp PDK

Return to “Corvair Talk”