Looking for a Corvair Mechanic in the Buffalo area

Anything Corvair related
63convertible

Looking for a Corvair Mechanic in the Buffalo area

Post by 63convertible »

Recently took my 63 cylinder heads to a local machine shop for resurfacing and a valve job and ended up getting a quote for over $1300 after waiting for over 2 weeks. I would certainly prefer to take my business to a far more qualified mechanic if there is one around the buffalo area, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Corvair Forum mobile app

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Looking for a Corvair Mechanic in the Buffalo area

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair interests, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience.

Image :link: https://www.corvair.org/index.php/compo ... =9&reset=1
There are several CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters in New York. CORSA clubs vary with membership participation, but generally they are helpful, family-friendly groups who organize meetings, picnics, car shows, competitions, scenic drives and technical training sessions. In comparison with websites like the Corvair Forum, the CORSA chapters are local in nature and represent "the other side of the coin" in obtaining Corvair support and guidance. Face-to-face contact with like-minded Corvair owners can be very helpful in finding your first Corvair, and can increase your enjoyment of your Corvair once you are an owner. There are five CORSA chapters in New York. I would suggest contacting one club chapter that is near you and inquiring about membership.

Here are some links to investigate...

Long Island Corvair Association
West Babylon, New York - Chapter 117
:link: http://longislandcorvairassociation.zohosites.com/

Central New York Corvair Club
P.O. Box 616 Jamesville, NY 13078 - Chapter 130)
:link: http://www.cnycorvair.com/CNYCorvair.php

Capital District Corvair Club
Delmar, New York - Chapter 120
:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter120/

ACORNS (Association of COvaiR NutS)
Rochester, New York - Chapter 148
:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter148/

This CORSA club chapter has been around for many years, but their website is no longer active. Below is the contact information I could find, so perhaps a few phone calls will have you talking to the right Corvair locals who may be able to advise you about local Corvair mechanics.

Niagara Frontier Corvair Club
Buffalo, New York - Chapter 140
Joe Pendolino, Age 68
187 Glenhurst Rd, Tonawanda, NY 14150-8423
(716) 837-3531

President: Joe Pendolino, (716) 837-5070, joe@62vairragtop.net
Vice President: Gary Swiatowy, (716) 439-5194 , gswiatowy@rochester.rr.com
7838 Chestnut Ridge Rd, Gasport, NY 14067-9503
Secretary: John Dawley, (716) 832-8551
Treasurer: Jon Miller, (716) 655-6735
Membership: Joe Pendolino, (716) 837-5070

Facebook: :link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/653154108162085
About This Group
The Niagara Frontier Corvair Club is located in the Buffalo, New York Metro area and
exists to promote the ownership and restoration of the Corvair and Corvair related items.

48 Members
:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
mugsy40

Post by mugsy40 »

Looking for same, did you ever get any recommendations?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The original question was posted and answered about a year ago. The individual with the question has only posted on the Corvair Forum that one time, so it is unlikely that they will respond to your question because they may not even be monitoring the Corvair Forum website any more.

I would suggest that you use the above CORSA club chapter website links to guide you toward contacting one or more of the local New York club chapters. They are the Corvair people in New York who would be most likely to be knowledgeable about good local New York-based mechanics, machine shops, etc.

Other Corvair Forum members may be able to advise you concerning out of state machine shops with good knowledge and performance with Corvair engine components.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair interests, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location may also suggest possibilities, and detailed pictures of your car may allow us to spot things that might be helpful or interesting to you.

:welcome2:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Eric Kieffer

Post by Eric Kieffer »

People looking for a Corvair mechanic in the Buffalo, NY area are welcome to contact me. I’ve been an owner for about thirty-five years and have rebuilt engines and transaxles.
erco

Post by erco »

Eric Kieffer wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:11 pm People looking for a Corvair mechanic in the Buffalo, NY area are welcome to contact me. I’ve been an owner for about thirty-five years and have rebuilt engines and transaxles.
Any Corvair owner/mechanic named Eric is OK in my book. :chevy:

Eric
Damien8086

Post by Damien8086 »

Eric Kieffer wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:11 pm People looking for a Corvair mechanic in the Buffalo, NY area are welcome to contact me. I’ve been an owner for about thirty-five years and have rebuilt engines and transaxles.
Hi Eric, what is the best way to get in contact with you?

Return to “Corvair Talk”