Missing shroud

Anything Corvair related
morevair

Missing shroud

Post by morevair »

All,

Got a small shroud missing on my 66 Corsa 140... It's below and to the rear of the oil cooler (not attached to the cooler, it has its own). I'trying to get another one but I can't identify it... cant' find it in any of my manuals (Chassis or Assembly) and any diagrams on-line don't have the image quality to read its name...
missing_shroud.jpg
This shot is not my engine, but the arrow points to the one I'm trying to get/name...

Any assistance is appreciated...
Jeff M. in Phoenix, AZ
1966 Corsa 140 4-speed
jcannon44

Re: Missing shroud

Post by jcannon44 »

morevair wrote:All,

Got a small shroud missing on my 66 Corsa 140... It's below and to the rear of the oil cooler (not attached to the cooler, it has its own). I'trying to get another one but I can't identify it... cant' find it in any of my manuals (Chassis or Assembly) and any diagrams on-line don't have the image quality to read its name...
missing_shroud.jpg
This shot is not my engine, but the arrow points to the one I'm trying to get/name...

Any assistance is appreciated...
It’s called a Summer/Winter cover, Clark’s has them.

Jeff Cannon, Smithfield, VA
1966 Corvair Monza Conv.
Jeff Cannon, Smithfield VA
1966 Corvair Monza Convertible
morevair

Post by morevair »

Thanks ever so much, I’ll definitely replace mine since I live in a very hot climate. But I think I’ll fabricate something for $.30 rather than spend $21 at Clark’s… Thanks again
Jeff M. in Phoenix, AZ
1966 Corsa 140 4-speed
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Be aware that the cover has a leg on the bottom that holds the t-stat door partially open when it is installed (not like I think this is critical), but, that and the summer/ winter printing has a lot to do with Clark's price.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia

Return to “Corvair Talk”