67 Corvair advice needed

Anything Corvair related
panhard65

67 Corvair advice needed

Post by panhard65 »

Hi does anyone know anything about this Corvair on Clark's for sale page. It's a '67 listed 04/17 light green. I would post pictures but it isn't easy on this site. The vendor has sent me a load of pictures and it looks really good but as I would be buying blind to import it to the UK any info I can find out about it would be useful. Many thanks Martin
gnrand

Re: 67 Corvair advice needed

Post by gnrand »

I would look for someone (a professional) to inspect the car first. It would be worth the money for the inspection.
Jeff
1965 140 Corsa
1968 140 Monza convertible 4 speed
1965 Corsa Convertible
1966 Crown V8 383 435hp
1986 Buick GN V6 600hp
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

1967 Corvair Monza 110 engine 4 speed, body =G mechanical = ex interior, upholstery, carpets, door panels, etc,=VG overall VG and cd player radio, as must sale $5500.00 a/c not working. 631-355-2958

email lamontsrwallace@gmail.com (04/17)
It is very easy to upload photos that you have stored on your local hard drive If you utilize "Post Reply" instead of using "Quick Reply". "Post Reply" provides you with a full editor that includes the ability to upload files.

The listing you refer to on Clark's Corvair Parts is shown above. It provides very little information on the car. The additional photographs that were sent to you might be useful as a source of commentary from Corvair Forum members if you upload the photographs so we can see them. However, buying a car that you have not personally evaluated and spending the funds necessary to have it shipped to Europe would be a big risk, unless you can get some local Corvair enthusiasts from a CORSA club chapter or from the Corvair Forum to evaluate the car for you. This is been done several times in the past to help buyers in Europe locate good candidates for purchase. If you know the specific location of the car you are interested in, we can help you to identify a nearby CORSA club chapter — if one exists — that you can contact to solicit volunteers to evaluate the car for you. You may also be able to find experienced Corvair owners on the Corvair Forum who would be willing to look at the car for you, if they live nearby the seller's location. Using an experienced "third-party" to help you with a hands-on evaluation has helped other European buyers to gain access to the larger Corvair market in the USA.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I am not getting much on the way of answers about the car, but it is in central Islip Long Island New York. If there is anyone in the area who could have a look for me that would be great. At the moment I am put off it by the lack of sensible info. The photo's are ok but all low res and not of any of the usual problem areas. I am not looking for perfect I just don't want to buy a "bondo bucket". Thanks guys
Bard Beach

Post by Bard Beach »

I'd contact the Long Island Corvair Association through their website or Facebook page.
I'm located in Brooklyn and became a member of the LICA as of yesterday. A lot of knowledgeable folks in that group who live around there.

http://longislandcorvairassociation.zohosites.com/

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/LongIslandCorv ... 7258606912

Let me know if you don't hear back from anyone there.

Sent from my iPad using Corvair Forum mobile app
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Hi thanks for the info I have sent them a message as there are a couple of pictures of the car on their facebook page so hopefully they will know some more about it. Many thanks Martin
LandShark

Post by LandShark »

I stumbled on this post. I know a little bit about that car and it's owner. Did you manage to get in contact with him?
Chris
New York

1965 Monza Convertible -- 110/PG
chris-tofer

Post by chris-tofer »

LandShark wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm I stumbled on this post. I know a little bit about that car and it's owner. Did you manage to get in contact with him?
What do you know about this car? It looks pretty nice. The ad on Clark's is fairly vague.
Chris
'66 Monza Convertible 110 PG
LandShark

Post by LandShark »

Did he ever reply to you? It's a good looking car and sounds nice. The owner would definitely be the one to speak with. I don't really know too many specific details. I know he has done a lot of work on the car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

Chris
New York

chris-tofer

Post by chris-tofer »

Yes sir, I spoke with the owner tonight. He said he has done lots of things to it. Would like to see better pictures or talk to somebody that has seen it.
I'm in Fort Worth, Texas and am interested in this one.
Chris
LandShark

Post by LandShark »

I'd strongly suggest you see if he'll get you more pictures/ videos of the car or even do a "video chat". It could help you focus on areas of the car you have concern over. I have seen it a few times but never been under it or anything. It is a sharp looking car and has a great exhaust tone. The seems like a legitimate guy and has been nothing but nice and pleasant the few times I've spoken with him. I may even have a pic or 2 from the couple of car shows we happened to be at at the same time, I'll look and post if I do.
Chris
New York

LandShark

Post by LandShark »

Only had the 2 pics, thought I may have had one of the engine compartment but I didn't find it.
Attachments
20170917_112902.jpg
20171022_132826.jpg
Chris
New York

chris-tofer

Post by chris-tofer »

LandShark wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 am I'd strongly suggest you see if he'll get you more pictures/ videos of the car or even do a "video chat". It could help you focus on areas of the car you have concern over. I have seen it a few times but never been under it or anything. It is a sharp looking car and has a great exhaust tone. The seems like a legitimate guy and has been nothing but nice and pleasant the few times I've spoken with him. I may even have a pic or 2 from the couple of car shows we happened to be at at the same time, I'll look and post if I do.
Thanks Chris. I've sent him an emai asking for pictures and talked to him. I'll wait and see if he responds. Everything seems to check out, just wanting to be sure. My '66 was less than perfect when I got it, but that didn't scare me off. It's still been a great car.
Chris

Return to “Corvair Talk”