Mechanic in Central Massachusetts ?

Anything Corvair related
BeanWagon

Mechanic in Central Massachusetts ?

Post by BeanWagon »

Hi All! I bought a 62 corvair a few years back, which was in terrific shape, and still is for the most part. I've tried over the past couple years to find a local mechanic that knows a thing or two about Corvairs but i have not had any luck, so decided its time to seek out some help on the forums! I live just outside of Worcester, MA and would love to find a mechanic that can go through the car and make sure everything is in sync and all preventative maintenance is done. My passion is cars but my expertise is not, so as much as I'd like to do work myself I know my limits and know I need a mechanic! Please help!!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Mechanic in Central Massachusetts ?

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

ImageImage
The Bay State Corvair Club is the original Massachusetts chapter of CORSA (#017 of the Corvair Society of America). We were established in 1974, and have since grown with the hobby to include many members with decades of love and knowledge of this unique automobile. We are a diverse group, including the heavily technical, the occasional cruisers, those knee-deep in restorations, and the mere aficionados. Ownership of a Corvair is not required at all.
:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter017/
What we are: This is a very active club within a surprisingly active hobby, all centered around an uncommon marquee of car. We are often told that our hobby surpasses others of more popular collector cars in many ways.

What we do: We often represent the club in car shows and cruise nights, and we travel long distances for out-of-state events and conventions. We hold many events throughout the year such as brunches/cruises, BBQs, an annual Holiday party in January, our Corvairs on the Grapevine Vineyard tour and tasting in August, as well as our bi-ennial "Fall Classic" show held at Clark's Corvair Parts. We also have tech days, focusing on one member's car for a big project, or one topic applied to many at once. This is a great way to learn about yours and others' cars, and it's a lot of fun.

When we meet: We meet on the last Wednesday of each month (except December). Our monthly meetings are a great chance to share information, get technical info, or just keep in touch. Refreshments are served, with yearly elections followed by a "Pizza-nite" in November. If you can't make all or any of the meetings, don't fret, we'll keep you informed with our monthly newsletter.

Where we meet: The Tavern from Tower Square, 119 Washington Street (Route 1) in Plainville, MA 02762 at 7pm. (see the Google map below)

How much: Dues are only $25.00 per year. Renewal of Membership occurs annually in January. New members joining in October to December will have their membership pro-rated to the following year. Camaraderie, assistance, knowledge and fun are readily available for you and your Corvair, please join us soon!

Directions: From Route 495, take exit 14b, Route 1 (Washington St.) towards N. Attleboro. The Tavern is one and a half miles on the left. From Route 295, take exit 1b towards N. Attleboro. Stay on Route 1 (Washington St.) for 5.5 miles. The Tavern is on the right.
Left-click Map to Enlarge...
Map.jpg
Here are a couple of ads for Corvair Mechanics in the New England area (from the club newsletter). You might also contact the club directly to get suggestions and recommendations from experienced Corvair owners in your area.
Bay State Corvairs - Sample Newsletter - Jan 2015.pdf
Bay State Corvairs - Sample Newsletter - Jan 2015
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Maplewood Motors.jpg
Lionel's Garage.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”