Seat upholstery pattern

Anything Corvair related
cwhunt

Re: Seat upholstery pattern

Post by cwhunt »

My car didn't have a headliner when I purchased it. I was able to get my hands on one for free that is rough so it's not usable, but I will be pulling it apart and creating a pattern to make my own. It honestly doesn't look that difficult and I would consider my sewing skills to be high beginner/low intermediate. Perhaps y'all can do the same. Buy a seat that is less than desirable and make patterns from that...actually I have and EM Spyder that I need to replace interior on. I would love to pick it apart and figure out a template, but it's my daily driver, so I don't want to rip them apart just yet. I know the back seat is coming apart at the seams. Let me take a look at it tomorrow to see if could possibly start on a pattern for it. I could also assist with the headliner pattern if you need. Headliner is just a series of rectangles sewn together with cloth inserts sewn in the seems on the backside where the rods slide in to hold head liner up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Corvair Forum mobile app

Christopher Hunt
San Diego, CA
'63 Monza Spyder 150HP Turbo
cwhunt

Post by cwhunt »

I also have EM 900 that I can see about getting the pattern for the front seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Corvair Forum mobile app

Christopher Hunt
San Diego, CA
'63 Monza Spyder 150HP Turbo
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

If it's a daily driver you only need one seat to drive it, take the passenger seat out & go to it. Reverse the pattern for the driver seat after you have the passenger seat done. By the time you have the passenger seat done you should be able to whip that driver seat in no time. :tu: The rear seat could be done anytime & should be easier than the front buckets. Good luck. :eek:
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Danny Joe

Post by Danny Joe »

Left and right seat covers are identical. The trim and adjusters are the only things that make the seats left or right.
'64 Spyder Convertible
'63 Rampside (to be Rotisseried)
Toney, Alabama (just outside Huntsville)
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

That's what we were asking for was if there was patterns out there already or if someone had old covers the wanted to get rid of. We are still shopping materials so we still have time. The car can be down for a while, I've got my bike to ride. I would just rather it wasn't. Our headliner is in great condition, but since its blue it's gotta change. We are kinda doing a 60s style custom interior, that's why we are using metallic orange vinyl. But we are trying to keep it tasteful. Except she wants to do a tuck n roll orange headliner. Lol so I had to real her back in. This will be a lot of work but hopefully fun.
Deuce

63 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900

Return to “Corvair Talk”