Size of gas line EM

Anything Corvair related
TheCommish

Size of gas line EM

Post by TheCommish »

I want to buy a piece of Rubber gas line from Steel line in tunnel to Gas Tank, what is the Inner Diameter?
terribleted

Re: Size of gas line EM

Post by terribleted »

The metal line from the tank to the rear and the short piece from the rubber joiner above the left rear wheel to the pump are all 5/16" diameter (so 5/16" ID hose). The lines from the pump to the carbs are 1/4"
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Make sure you buy fuel hose approved for ethanol blends (yes the cheap non-ethanol tolerant fuel hose is still sold).

A buddy had a hose turn to mush. Nothing on the package about ethanol, but AT THE WEBSITE --- "This hose is not for use with ethanol fuels" - grrrrrr.

Gates BARRICADE low pressure fuel injection hose is approved for all automotive fuels types in the U.S.A. You can use the Gate BARRICADE high pressure fuel injection hose, but it costs more and is not required, but if the low pressure is not available it works fine.

It's sold in a number of sizes at automotive parts stores.
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Nothing more annoying than a gooey fuel hose.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia

Return to “Corvair Talk”