Some Interesting New Stuff at Clark's

Anything Corvair related
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Some Interesting New Stuff at Clark's

Post by bbodie52 »

Some interesting new parts from Clark's Corvair Parts...
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/pages.c ... y=whatsnew

ImageImage
Thermistor replacement head temp sensors now in stock

We are now stocking the Vairtrix cylinder head temperature sensors. The 62-64 Spyder uses C1717 and the 65-66 Corsa uses C1718. These replace your thermistor at a lower cost and get your temperature gauge working again. Order here
62-64 Spyder C1717
Part number C1717: 62-64 TURBO CYL HEAD TEMP SENSOR *THERMO COUPLER - REPLACEMENT FOR THERMISTER

Weight: 0 lbs 4 oz
Catalog Pages(s):
Price: $ 149.95

65-66 Corsa C1718

Part number C1718: 65-66 TURBO & 140 CYL HEAD TEMP SENSOR *THERMO COUPLER - REPLACEMENT FOR THERMISTER

Weight: 0 lbs 4 oz
Catalog Pages(s):
Price: $ 149.95

Part number C10888: THERMISTER ADAPTOR-THERMISTER INTO 80-110 HP HEADS -- DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN

Weight: 0 lbs 2 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 51
Price: $ 13.85

:link: http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,917867
Vairtrix wrote:Advanced Corvair Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor by Vairtrix
Posted by: Vairtrix
Date: April 06, 2017 08:25AM

Advanced Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor by Vairtrix

The CHT-100 is an advanced Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor for the Corvair Spyder and Corsa models. Designed as a direct replacement for the obsolete AC Delco Thermistor, the CHT-100 uses thermocouple technology for reliable and accurate temperature measurement over the wide range of temperatures experienced in the Corvair air cooled engine. It uses your existing Spyder or Corsa dash gauge for a stock look with upgraded performance.

The CHT-100 uses advanced digital technology to convert the thermocouple measurement to a constant resistance source, matched specifically to the Corvair dash mounted cylinder head temperature gauge. It performs sensor linearization using tables published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The CHT-100 includes Cold Junction compensation to maintain accuracy over a wide range of ambient temperatures. Finally, the output of the CHT-100 is matched to the unique non-linear response curve of the Spyder and Corsa dash gauges. The result is a sensor that outperforms the original AC Delco design and provides an accurate temperature report from 200 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.

For more information on this product, visit http://www.vairtrix.com/#!/HOME

My name is Pete Faulkner and I live in the DC area. I bought my first Corvair, a ‘68 500 in 1973 and have had several since. I currently own a ’63 Spyder, purchased in ’88 and restored in ’94. I have been a member of the San Diego and Northern Virginia Corvair Clubs.

Frustrated with the supplier community’s lack of progress in coming up with a suitable replacement for the Corvair Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor, I developed the Vairtrix CHT-100 with the goal of accuracy over the entire expected temperature range. I didn’t feel it was necessary to examine or reproduce the GM sensor as its accuracy is rather poor. It would have been akin to reproducing leaky push rod tube seals by seeking the original formula for neoprene. Instead, I focused on the gauge and set out to design a sensor that would line up with the unique characteristics of the Corvair Spyder and Corsa gauges.

I believe I have hit all of my design objectives in this first version. My only concern is long term reliability and time will tell if I have achieved this goal. In my past life, we did reliability predictions using software modeling and accelerated life testing in the chamber. Instead, I’m relying on a small loyal group of folks within the community who actually drive their Corvairs to serve that purpose.

Jim Simpson was gracious enough to send me his gauge curves and I referenced them for the firmware lookup tables. The fantastic people at the Corvair Ranch have provided support and together, we are conducting field trials.

My fiancé’ Misti owns a Graphics Design and Marketing firm and she put together a Corporate Identity, Logo and a web presence. She does this stuff in her sleep.

For those of you that may question my street cred, I have been a Corvair owner since 1973 and possess over 35 years of experience in developing sophisticated military and automotive electronic systems with high survivability that are used in the harshest of environments. Formerly, I was a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA). I am now retired and doing this for the Corvair Community as a hobby
Turbo pressure retard units now in stock

We have recently reproduced the turbo pressure retard units as well as the combination advance/retard unit that many people like to use.

62-64 turbo retard #224 = C13269

65-66 turbo retard #250 = C13270

62-66 turbo advance/retard unit #2500 = C7877

Plus we reproduced a couple of the vacuum advances.

62-69 advance unit for 2 carb motors #217= C5624A

65-69 advance unit for 140 hp #248 = C6524E

New 66-69 repro motor mount now in stock-NO Core

New 66-69 motor mounts are in stock, no longer any core charge on these. Can also be used on a 65. order c8059R

Part number C8059R: NEW MOTOR MOUNT 66-69 *ARE OK FOR 65

Weight: 8 lbs 0 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 160,SUP,38
Price: $ 110.85

NEW MOTOR MOUNTS ARE IN STOCK

We have just received the new motor mounts for the early model cars, no need to send cores any more with these new mounts, these are not rebuilds, these are entirely new mounts.

61-63 mount C8056R

Part number C8056R: NEW MOTOR MOUNT 61-63 CAR (EXC A/C)

Weight: 4 lbs 0 oz
Price: $ 70.65

61-63 with A/C C8056AR

Part number C8056AR: NEW MOTOR MOUNT 61-63 CAR WITH AIR COND

Price: $ 76.95

64 mount C8057R
Part number C8057R: NEW MOTOR MOUNT 64 CAR

Price: $ 74.85

These are only some of the new items listed. Click on the link at the top to see more.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
barrist

Re: Some Interesting New Stuff at Clark's

Post by barrist »

Has anyone tried this CHT-100 ?

Anyone ????????????????

Thanks,
Have a Great Day,

Bill
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the New One https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3 ... storm.html
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Just came up on the corvaircenter forum. Check there.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”