Auto Transporter

Anything Corvair related
bobg1951chevy

Auto Transporter

Post by bobg1951chevy »

Back three months ago, in March, I was given a name of a transporter, I'm not certain if it was on this site or not.

This husband and wife team, who reside in Oregon or Washington, will travel cross country at a reasonable rate.
They also travel to Fairbanks Alaska Auto Museum, but the museum doesn't open until 4 p.m. eastern time.

I cannot find my info, but need their names, if anyone recalls.

I'm looking to transport from the Pacific Northwest area to Western NC.

If anyone recalls who these folks may be, I would be most appreciative. .... A not so common name for the company, as I recall.

Thanks,
Bob.
Bob G., Hendersonville, NC.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan. 6/2000.
1969 Corvair 500 Coupe # 2671. 7/2017.
toytron

Re: Auto Transporter

Post by toytron »

It would be nice to find a carrier or some website where drivers would post that they are going from one point to another empty looking to make extra money with a load on the way back. I had trucker friends that use to do that. If they found someone looking to ship something back towards where they were returning from it would pay for the gas (or part of it) then it was bonus for them.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
bobg1951chevy

Re: Auto Transporter

Post by bobg1951chevy »

I misfiled the info I had from my March conversation with the shipper I had in mind.

End result is I got the info late this afternoon, like to have all variables of a deal known before the deal is a deal.
Bob G., Hendersonville, NC.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan. 6/2000.
1969 Corvair 500 Coupe # 2671. 7/2017.

Return to “Corvair Talk”