OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Anything Corvair related
caraholic4life

Re: OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by caraholic4life »

dave t wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 pm Send me an email at tech@opgi.com and I will make sure your email is turned off in our system. We do not sell any personal info from your account.

Dave Thompson
OPGI research & developement

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app
Dave, :ty:

I replied to your Private Message.
No I am NOT pissed off at OPGI, just a bit dissapointed that my request to not be on the mailing list was not honored.
I am still looking forward to getting the new catalog when it comes out. I seem to prefer them to a virtual version.
Thank You for your effort, it is appreciated.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

caraholic4life wrote:Synthetic, :whoa:

You seem to have missed the point I was attempting to make but that is OK. :sad5:

We are both entitled to our own opinion, that is what makes us human. :doh:

Computers and the companies that rely on them are in my opinion, the problem. :my02:

Allowing this type of thing to occur will likely result in more poor customer service as time goes on. :helpsos:

It is OK with me if you simply shrug this off, but please don't try to persuade me that it is acceptable when I believe it isn't. :nono:

Have a great day. :cool:
I didn't miss the point that you were trying to make. You were upset that you received a spam email when you clearly asked them not to send you any. You felt that this is unacceptable by customer service standards.

I apologize I was a bit harsh and I'm not trying to persuade you into thinking that spam email is acceptable. I'm just trying to get you to understand that there was a simple error somewhere, regardless if it was computer error or human error and to not get so worked up to the point where you are making empty threats towards OPGI for something that they were unaware happened.

I'm glad that Dave was kind enough to take time out of his busy day procuring a parts catalog that we are all looking forward to, to help resolve your situation. I hope it gave you some closure into the problem that you were experiencing.

:cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

FYI - Same here. I grumped at them for sending me at least one spam per week since I signed up for the catalog....

My point to them was simply to be straight forward with folks. If you plan to send "marketing material" (i.e. spam) when a person signs up to receive a SPECIFIC catalog, then say so. THEN I can choose to wait until the catalog comes out to get one.

They were polite about it and have not sent any spam since.
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

SyntheticBlnkerFluid wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:55 pm
caraholic4life wrote:Synthetic, :whoa:

...., regardless if it was computer error or human error and to not get so worked up to the point where you are making empty threats towards OPGI for something that they were unaware happened.....

I don't recall making "Threats" of any kind. Please enlighten me as to exactly what you may have perceived as such.

I was not and am not "worked up", but simply added a reply similar to another posted prior to mine. Had nobody else mentioned they had the same issue, I would likely never have mentioned it.

I know that sometimes when communicating on a virtual forum such as this, it is difficult to comprehend the point of view or context of any given sentence. Often what one individual means when they type, is taken out of context in some way by one or more that read it.

Sometimes simply saying "Have a nice day" can be taken as something other than just that.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

You are correct that things can be taken out of context and maybe I did such and while to say that you are not going to patronize a business unless something comes to an end is technically a statement, it can actually be seen as an type of threat.

You also didn't just make a simple reply to someone else, you went on a tirade about automation and how the world is going to hell because of it, after someone else and myself said that spam email happens and not to get bent out of shape about it. Maybe to you it didn't feel like you got worked up about it, but it seemed like you were on the other side of the ether. If you don't think so, then maybe go back and read what you posted and look at it from another perspective. I have typed plenty of things that I thought was fine but then went back later and realized it came out wrong because of the way I typed it. People can't hear sarcasm and feelings through an electronic gadget.

We're going to leave it at this:

You hate spam email and I hate spam email, but I have a higher tolerance for it.

We've hijacked this thread enough with our banter. Let's move on and be positive about what OPGI is going to bring us for the future.

Rob
Chebanse, IL
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Fuckin skynet man... it's all starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

lostboy wrote:Fuckin skynet man... it's all starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Rob
Chebanse, IL
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

My initial post regarding the spam e-mail was as follows:

"I also signed up for their catalog. I also specifically noted that I did not authorize them to use my information for any purpose other than to send the catalog.
I told them I did not authorize them to share my information with anyone for any purpose for any reason and did not want to be on any mailing lists. All I was interested in was the catalog.

Recently I too got an e-mail from them which I promptly unsubscribed from.
Apparently OPGI pays no attention to what their customer's or potential customers wishes and or needs are, and ignores specific instruction and requests from them."

The next follow up in response to being accused of being "Harsh" was in part as follows:

"Even though I have unsubscribed from OPGI's mailing list, it doesn't mean they will honor my instruction. If it appears they have not, my simple response will be to refrain from further dealings with them. Eventually the unwanted unacceptable e-mails may stop. All this because it isn't convenient enough for them to actually read a simple request."

I don't know about the rest of you out there but if saying if it appears the vendor continues to send me unwanted e-mails, my simple response would be to refrain from further dealings with them sounds in some remote way as a threat, then I need to think twice about using the word Refrain going forward huh.

At NO point did I ever make a threat of any kind. I am not the one who "Blew things out of proportion here"

Yes, I agree that this needs to be the end of our "Back and Forth" regarding this.
Yes, I am intending on giving OPGI a chance as I am still excited to see their upcoming catalog as indicated in my initial reply to this subject. I even went so far as to post their upcoming catalog on another Corvair site shortly after my initial reply to this thread because I want to promote the addition to our vendor choices.

I'm done, Thanks for your time. ::-):
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Ok :tu:

Rob
Chebanse, IL
richimathiw

Post by richimathiw »

Nice topic, Thanks for giving us information about “OPG has a corvair catalog coming soon”. Keep share with us.

Return to “Corvair Talk”