OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Anything Corvair related
acarlson

Re: OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by acarlson »

I'd like to see a section on parts other then stock for people like me who want a good looking, dependable Vair but not necessarily completely stock.

Here's a short wish list:
  • Rear deck luggage rack - the 68-77 Corvette rack is basically the same as the original Corvair rack but today is 25x more expensive.
  • Rear spoiler
  • Non-stock exhaust options
  • A water Injection kit specifically for the turbo
  • A wastegate kit for the turbo (this would be a trick but since this is a "wish" list, why not ?)
  • An LED light kit
  • Touch-up paint which matches the original paint codes
  • Stainless oil and gas lines and fittings
  • Multi-port oil and gas distribution blocks
  • A speaker/radio kit to add Bluetooth and USB audio
  • A decent center console which fits between the buckets
  • Custom (digital ?) gauges which can replace the originals and (possibly) use the same sensors
If you have other stuff you'd like to see, post it here and I'll add it to the list. :tu:

Alec
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I would like to second the nomination for a stylish, sturdy and well-designed rear deck luggage rack.

Also, there has long been a need for a well-designed single-DIN 1965-1969 Corvair radio faceplate and mounting kit to allow for an attractive installation of modern entertainment system head units into the unique LM Corvair "hole in the wall". Owners who want to modernize their Corvair's electronics and entertainment system have struggled with this unique problem for years.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
acarlson

Post by acarlson »

Here is the Corvette rack I was talking about: https://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/disp ... tofone=yes

Alec
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
BobWitt
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by BobWitt »

I received an email today from OPG - they had a link to a good article - see https://www.opgi.com/blog/index.php/in- ... 7485152835

I then found this thread - It seems OPG has their ear to the ground - so let's tell them what we need! If they ADD to Clark's (and other's) offerings, we all win! Some things I've found and heard are:
  • Grill Bars
    Select glass, stationary and moving - tinted and accurate regulator parts and stainless trim
    Window Fuzzies with bright upper trim (listed earlier)
    Interior knobs (radio, headlamp, wiper)
    2-speed wiper switches
    Speedo/odo parts
    Temp Sensors/Thermisters
    Steering Pinion, shafts and ball nuts and Factory short steering arms (including Z17 ratio!)
    Sheet metal - Late hinge pillar rears, fenders, quarters, door skins (listed earlier) - (sorry - not an early guy)
    Monza and Corsa late model hubcap inserts
    Corsa rear grill bright trim

These are some of the things I understand to be unobtainium - that is where I would hope a new source would focus...

My $0.02, YMMV - add your list!
BobWitt - South East Michigan
Member: Corsa and DACC

1966 Corsa 140
Follow my build at: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9082"
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

You might add lighting upgrade kits that make full use of modern technologies. Upgrading the headlights, taillights etc. on the aging Corvair is something that is frequently desired by Corvair owners. Quartz halogen, LED, HALO projector kits, and other European technologies have set the stage for a wide range of possible upgrades for the Corvair. Many of the kits offered focus on Jeep and other off-road usage. Classic cars like the Corvair have needs and limitations that may be beyond the scope of these other kits. Wiring, switches, relays, fusing, fit and appearance all come into play. Perhaps some of these needs could be addressed in the OPG catalog.

https://www.carid.com/1966-chevy-corvair-headlights/
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

I also received that email today.

I would like to see some not stock parts as well. I find myself ogling the performance section of the catalogs the most, even though my car is mechanically pretty stock.

One thing I think we can all agree on is the need for some decent 13" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
barrist

Post by barrist »

I would just like to see a Catalog. All I have so far, are E-mails from OPG.

Maybe I'm wrong,

Bill
Have a Great Day,

Bill
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the New One https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3 ... storm.html
ptr

Post by ptr »

barrist wrote:I would just like to see a Catalog. All I have so far, are E-mails from OPG.

Maybe I'm wrong,

Bill
I believe they said the initial catalog would be out this fall.

'66 Convertible
'65 Corvair Covertible
Restoration in process
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

barrist wrote:I would just like to see a Catalog. All I have so far, are E-mails from OPG.

Maybe I'm wrong,

Bill
Well if you signed up for the catalog pre-order and get the emails, then you'd see it's a 2018 catalog, so at the earliest would probably be October or November that you'd receive a catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

barrist wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm I would just like to see a Catalog. All I have so far, are E-mails from OPG.

Maybe I'm wrong,

Bill
I also signed up for their catalog. I also specifically noted that I did not authorize them to use my information for any purpose other than to send the catalog.
I told them I did not authorize them to share my information with anyone for any purpose for any reason and did not want to be on any mailing lists. All I was interested in was the catalog.

Recently I too got an e-mail from them which I promptly unsubscribed from.
Apparently OPGI pays no attention to what their customer's or potential customers wishes and or needs are, and ignores specific instruction and requests from them.
:banghead:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

caraholic4life wrote:
barrist wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm I would just like to see a Catalog. All I have so far, are E-mails from OPG.

Maybe I'm wrong,

Bill
I also signed up for their catalog. I also specifically noted that I did not authorize them to use my information for any purpose other than to send the catalog.
I told them I did not authorize them to share my information with anyone for any purpose for any reason and did not want to be on any mailing lists. All I was interested in was the catalog.

Recently I too got an e-mail from them which I promptly unsubscribed from.
Apparently OPGI pays no attention to what their customer's or potential customers wishes and or needs are, and ignores specific instruction and requests from them.
:banghead:
I wouldn't be so harsh. I did the same and the only email I received from them was a confirmation that I ordered the catalog. That was back in the beginning of May and I have not received anything else from them since then.

You're angry at the company and already judging them, when what you should be angry at is the automated program that handles their catalog requests, which most likely must have had glitch, seeing it didn't happen to me.

Rob
Chebanse, IL
toytron

Post by toytron »

Yeah it is just email. Delete it and move on or add to spam filter and let it do all the hard work.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Yeah, You are right.
Afterall customer service is just something a company talks about, yet does not actually need to provide these days.
Who really cares that automation is taking the jobs of real human beings. It is OK that we will soon be at the mercy of automation and will no longer need to actually use our brains for anything.

I can see it now. A company's computer can see what purchases someone has made recently, then based on those purchases, automatically send you something the computer feels you must have. The cost will be automatically charged to your credit card or they will simply debit it from your checking account.

Nevermind that you really didn't want or need the item, or that you may not have the expense in your budget. Again, the computer is always right. There is no need for anyone to actually read something a customer submits when automation can do it....Right.
I don't think so. :td:

Is it also acceptable these days if a company fills your in box with unwanted automated spam. I mean really, it is easier for the company if the consumer's time and energy is wasted opening and or simply deleting dozens of such e-mails on a regular basis instead of actually being responsible enough to actually acknowledge the wishes of the consumer and abide by their requests.

Even though I have unsubscribed from OPGI's mailing list, it doesn't mean they will honor my instruction. If it appears they have not, my simple response will be to refrain from further dealings with them. Eventually the unwanted unacceptable e-mails may stop. All this because it isn't convenient enough for them to actually read a simple request.

Does behavior like this upset me....absolutely. If it doesn't upset you, I would suggest reevaluating your own values. JMO
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Man, you are really blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

I did the same exact thing you did and I only received the confirmation email that I ordered the catalog. I have never received anything else from OPGI. So in your situation it was either a glitch or it was user error. I have been on the internet and using email long enough to know that ANYONE you give your email to, you risk getting spam email from.

No human person is going to "read" your request. Everything from clicking the little box to keep from getting email to unsubscribing from email is all taken care of from an computer program that the company pays a lot of money for so they can focus on more pertinent things, like taking care of customers who actually purchased something. If you want to actually talk to a human being, send them and email or give them a call.

Please don't ask me to re-evaluate my values. If something as petty as spam email is such a problem and inconvenient to you, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

Also, please stop trying to slander a company that you're not even a customer of yet. Just because you ordered a free catalog from someone doesn't mean you're entitled to receive customer service from them. I doubt you're going to hurt OPGIs feelings if you choose not to be a customer because you received a spam email from them.

Rob
Chebanse, IL
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Synthetic, :whoa:

You seem to have missed the point I was attempting to make but that is OK. :sad5:

We are both entitled to our own opinion, that is what makes us human. :doh:

Computers and the companies that rely on them are in my opinion, the problem. :my02:

Allowing this type of thing to occur will likely result in more poor customer service as time goes on. :helpsos:

It is OK with me if you simply shrug this off, but please don't try to persuade me that it is acceptable when I believe it isn't. :nono:

Have a great day. :cool:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
dave t

Post by dave t »

Send me an email at tech@opgi.com and I will make sure your email is turned off in our system. We do not sell any personal info from your account.

Dave Thompson
OPGI research & developement

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Corvair Talk”