65 monza convertible value

Anything Corvair related
maintenanceman

65 monza convertible value

Post by maintenanceman »

I posted a 67 monza earlier, same story. I am looking for an approx value of this car so my family can sell it. 65 monza convertible, electric top, I didnt test it so Im not sure if it works but I presume it does, 140 hp power glide trans. This car also seems to be rust and dent free. The interior and exterior are in great shape as you can see from the pictures. This car also runs but will most likely need a tune up as it sat for a number of years (5 or more). This is the last one unless some one is interested in a 63 thunderbird convertible.
Thanks Again
Attachments
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
64powerglide

Re: 65 monza convertible value

Post by 64powerglide »

Same thing as the 67, I wouldn't be ashamed to ask $8,000 to $10,000 if it runs real good. :tu:
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:CGebay: If you intend to market this car on the Internet, much of the response you get will depend on your presentation and the apparent honesty in the information that you provide. I purchased my 1966 Corsa after seeing it in a listing on eBay. One of the things that impressed me was a couple of dozen high-quality photographs of the car that showed it in great detail from all angles. There was also a highly detailed written description of the car. The impression I got from the listing was honesty on the part of the seller. There seemed to be no attempt to cover up any details about the car. There was also a telephone number in the eBay listing which gave me the opportunity to talk directly to the seller to obtain answers to any questions that I might have.
Plate.jpg
Your car has Wisconsin collector license plates. The fact that it is a convertible that has "lived" in a northern-tier state like Wisconsin would be of concern to me because of the potential for exposure to road salt. Body rot, hidden rust and corrosion damage can be deadly to a late-model Corvair — especially a convertible. The collector license plates may indicate that the previous owner saw value in this car and sought to protect it as a collector item. If you believe the body to be largely rust free and in good condition, detailed close-up photographs of the underbody and areas around the windshield and doorframe and other common rust areas might help to bring a sense of value to potential buyers. Another possibility that I have never seen in a listing would be a professional evaluation of the body condition that you might pay to have conducted by a local reputable body shop. I do not know what such a shop would charge you to have a professional conduct a careful evaluation of this car. But if it is not cost-prohibitive such an appraisal could mean a lot to potential buyers and may help to alleviate any fears they may have about buying a car from a state that has a lot of snow and road salt exposure. Such a "report card" should show a careful examination by a professional who looked for hidden signs of road salt damage, rust, and plastic body filler that could have been used to hide serious decay. If this car has been protected by the owner — who seems to be a classic car collector — you could help to confirm that by posting the written results of a body appraisal that you had conducted by a reputable body shop. Such a clean bill of health could elicit higher bids from potential buyers who would appreciate your effort to confirm the good condition of this convertible body by a third-party professional.

It appears that the white convertible top is stained, and you should also mention that in your listing. You could also point out the similarities between a 1965 Corvair Monza and in 1965 Corvair Corsa. There is essentially no difference in the body, suspension, and 140 hp engine found in a Corsa when comparing it with your Monza. The only differences between a Corsa and this Monza are essentially the instrument panel and the trim that identifies it as a Monza. The brakes, handling and performance of this car would be the same as a top-of-the-line Corsa. The one exception in this car is that it is fitted with an automatic transmission instead of the manual transmission that would always be found on a Corsa.

You might also do a mechanical evaluation of the suspension, brakes and engine (including a compression test on all cylinders). Post those results as a part of your listing.

Anything you can do to help market the car and present it well as a valuable example of a Corvair that is in good condition and has been professionally evaluated both physically and mechanically may help to encourage higher bids when you attempt to sell this car. The photographs should be taken with an attractive background surrounding the car. Good quality photographs of an attractive car and an honest portrayal of the condition of the car may help you to get more bidders competing with each other to buy this car. Be sure to list this car for sale right here in the Corvair Forum. A detailed listing here on the Forum may also produce some offers from Corvair enthusiasts who would appreciate such a car.

Clark's Corvair Parts also has a section of their website that is dedicated to listing Corvairs that are for sale. If you browse those listings by using the link below you will see numerous 1965-1966 Corvairs listed there. Viewing those ads, reading the listings, etc. may help you to determine an appropriate asking price for your Corvair.
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/pages.c ... =buyorsell

Body Tag - 1965 Monza.jpg
Here is a breakdown of the information on the body tag you provided...
BODY TAG INFO:

03A
Body Build Date: 03 = March, A = First Week
The first two digits are numbers 01 through 12, indicating the month of manufacture. The letter is A-E, indicating the week of the month. If the letter is a "A" it indicates the first week of the month.

Interior paint code: "E" = Black

STyle 65-10567 WRN 12336 BODY
Style: 65 = 1965 10567: 1 = Chevrolet, 05 = Monza, 67 = 2-Door Convertible,
WRN = Willow Run, Michigan, Production Sequence No: 12336

1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2-Door Convertible - 4 Passenger, Total Production: 26,466

TRim: 713- = BLACK
This 3 digit codes represents the interior color and seat type. "713" applies to 10500 MONZA and 10700 CORSA, which were fitted with Bucket Seats.

Paint: R-1 = RED "Regal Red" Top color code: 1 = WHITE
Lucite No. 4625LH, Rinshed-Mason No. A1712M, Ditzler No. DDL 71472

EXAMPLE

ACTUAL CAR (Mist Blue)

ACC = Accessory line
When decoding ACC line on the Fisher body tags, be aware that body tags do not include any options that did not require any body modification be done by Fisher. Fisher was only concerned with items that required modifications during the assembly of the body. A good example is that you won’t find Telescopic column listed on the body tag. Although this is a major option, it did not require any special consideration during body assembly.

2MS 3C 4P 5W-

GROUP 1
NONE

GROUP 2
M = RPO M35 — Powerglide Automatic Transmission
S = RPO U73 — Rear antenna

GROUP 3
C = RPO B70 — Padded Dash

GROUP 4
P = RPO Z01 — COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE GROUP (2 Speed Wipers, Washers, Day/Night Inside Mirror)

GROUP 5
W = RPO A49 — Custom Deluxe Front Seat Belts (Chrome Buckles, with Retractors)

This guide will show you how to decode the VIN tag...

I have attached a copy of the 1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs for your model year Corvair.

:chevy:
Attachments
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
maintenanceman

Post by maintenanceman »

wow thanks for all the info