67 monza convertible value

Anything Corvair related
maintenanceman

67 monza convertible value

Post by maintenanceman »

Im wondering if some one can give me the approx value of this car. My Grandpa passed and the family is selling it but no one knows anything about them. What I do know; the car runs but the starter only engages briefly, but enough to get it started (we may have a spare starter), it does have a/c but there is no belt on it so I don't know if it works, the car seems to be rust free with no dents, its a 110 hp with manual top, 4 speed tranny, the interior and exterior are in great shape. The car probably needs a tune up as it has sat for a number of years (5-10), but as I said we did have it running a couple of days ago. I am just looking for a starting point to sell it. Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 67 monza convertible value

Post by davemotohead »

If its as solid as it looks should bring between $5000 -$10,000 if you are lucky, the A/C in this car is a aftermarket under the dash unit and not factory A/C, Where are you located? maybe find a Nearby club or someone who knows about corvairs to get it starting/running correctly and it will be a lot easier to sell.
maintenanceman

Post by maintenanceman »

davemotohead wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:16 pm If its as solid as it looks should bring between $5000 -$10,000 if you are lucky, the A/C in this car is a aftermarket under the dash unit and not factory A/C, Where are you located? maybe find a Nearby club or someone who knows about corvairs to get it starting/running correctly and it will be a lot easier to sell.
Thanks davemotohead I am in northeast wisconsin (i believe you refer to it as the rust belt). I bought a 65 corsa from his collection and have learned a lot from your youtube vids. You have helped out a lot, thanks again.
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

I hate to disappoint you but it's only worth $600.00, what's your address and i'll be there tomorrow. :rolling: Really, it looks great and Dave has it about right. If you get it running real smooth I would go to the higher end of what Dave said. The EBay guys are starting out pretty high now for good Corvairs & people are bidding high. :tu:
Good luck but you should just keep it. ::-):
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
toytron

Post by toytron »

Looks like you have a couple more corvairs in the background.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
maintenanceman

Post by maintenanceman »

toytron wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:29 am Looks like you have a couple more corvairs in the background.

Ed Stevenson
blue/grey 65 monza vert also going up for sale. I put it in a different post so I wouldnt get the two confused, and a 65 corsa convertible I purchased from the family.

Return to “Corvair Talk”