Body Shop in St. Louis Area

Anything Corvair related
Tim

Body Shop in St. Louis Area

Post by Tim »

I recently re-located to the St. Louis area, specifically Edwardsville. I own a 64 Monza Spyder. I am interested in obtaining recommendations from anyone living in my area in terms of a good body shop that has an interest in working on older cars. I have some checking and one area where the paint is chipping a bit. Any recommendations?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Body Shop in St. Louis Area

Post by bbodie52 »

:dontknow: The only Edwardsville I see on the map is in Kansas... about 300 miles from St. Louis, MO. Is this your correct location?

If Edwardsville, KS is your home, there is a large, well-developed CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapter near you, based in Belton, MO (about 35 miles from Edwardsville). I would suggest you contact them, and perhaps consider joining this CORSA chapter. They are likely to be able to provide you with good advice concerning the local area.

ImageHeart of America Corvair Owners Association
Kansas City Area
16001 Oakland Ave, Belton MO
:link: http://www.hacoa.org/
Sample Newsletter:
HACOA VAIRCOR Newsletter - Feb 2017.pdf
HACOA VAIRCOR Newsletter - Feb 2017
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
==========================================================================================================

If you are actually closer to St. Louis, there is another CORSA club chapter based just about 20 miles southwest of St. Louis...

ImageShow-Me Corvair Club
SERVING THE GREATER ST LOUIS AREA SINCE 1974!
1851 Glatt Dr., Arnold, MO
:link: http://www.showmecorvairclub.org/

CORSA club chapters are family-friendly groups that often offer technical training and assistance, competition events, picnics, car shows, scenic drives, etc.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”