Hello from So Cal

Anything Corvair related
Charlie

Hello from So Cal

Post by Charlie »

Hi there -

I'm new to the forum and working on putting my 1967 Monza 110 PG back together, as I discover surprises along the way to resurrecting her from a 13 year hiatus !

I've been a member of CorSA since 1969 when Tony and I would publish the CorSA Quarterly from his dining room table, and he did all the work by hand. Anyone who knew Tony knew what a great guy he was, and more devoted to Corvair is hard to imagine, though we try to live in his legacy !

I'm also in the Inland Empire Corvair Club, and live in Hemet, CA, about 30 miles outside Riverside.

I'm not sure how to use the forum, as I'm spoiled by just 'getting mail' from VV, and not having to go to a blog to find it, but, well, here I am !

I may be looking for a starter and a park brake cable and maybe for more odds and ends before long as I'm sure you're familiar !

Thank you for your support !
Charlie
Phil Dally

Re: Hello from So Cal

Post by Phil Dally »

HOWDY!!! :welcome2:
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

We've got a few members with parts cars Charlie, so feel free to contact me if you are looking for something and I'll try to track it down for you.

Oh and if you see a topic you would like to keep track of, you can click on either "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the options tab underneath the text box you type in. Also before or after you reply, you can click on the "Subscribe Topic" at the bottom left of the page. This will make it so you get an email anytime that specific topic/thread is updated. (You can also be notified of entire forums and all of the topics in it, for example if you are really into V8's you can be notified anytime a reply or new thread is started in that entire section by going to it and clicking on "Subscribe Forum").

Any question on how the forum works, just ask and we'll help you get familiar with it.

also there are some helpful instructions here. viewforum.php?f=196
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
atwistedgrip
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by atwistedgrip »

Hi Charlie
I live out near you and '67's are one of my favorites.
Gary
Sun City is now Menifee, CA
CORSA member
IECC member
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

How do I post a new topic on the "forum" ?

Someone told me how but I forgot already - it's hidden in an icon somewhere I think, but I can't find it (again) !

Thanks
Charlie
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

It's the Blue Chevy Bowtie at the upper right corner of the top of every forum and home page
1966 Corsa Coupe
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Thanks ! I keep forgeting that the bowtie changes according to the page, and I hve to be on themain page to make a new post (I'm usually looking at another post, and it's not there )

Charlie
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

:welcome2: :chevy:
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Are you advertizing your availability for help on my Corvair, or do you have parts ?

I need a park brake cable, a rebuilt starter, and now it seems I may need a steering box ?

Let me know, so I can get mine running too !

Where are you ?
Charlie
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

what's up Charlie?
I do both, rebuilding services and parts. I have the cable in stock, and the starter, and I can rebuild your steering box also.....I am located in Eastern Oklahoma, near Arkansas. feel free to call me anytime, you can check prices on my website http://www.rafeecorvair.com, or we can do it by phone, either way. late. Rafee.
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Thanks - I just figured out how to use this forum !

Do you have a steering box for my 67 Monza ? I see parts and arms, but no boxes ?

Nice site though ...
Charlie
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Hi Charlie!!.....nice to see another 'vair person on here (especially one from the good old days!) Hope you find everything you need on here.....and make some new friends too.

Return to “Corvair Talk”