Greenbrier examination

Anything Corvair related
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Greenbrier examination

Post by Boxer »

IMG_2717.JPG
My van is now in it's new home. Lots of fun just looking at it.
Anyway. I'm installing the second set row and found this:
Seems like recessed fasteners for seat anchors. Is it?
Corventure Dave

Post by Corventure Dave »

From the photo, those look like rivets where the seat anchor floor brackets should go.
The floor brackets should have tear-drop shaped holes for the seat leg, carriage bolt heads
to slide into.
Will try to bet a photo of these.

Corventure Dave
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

Yes, I have two of these brackets, but two are missing and I'm trying to get them.
Attachments
IMG_2726.JPG
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

My van is now in it's new home, the second seat row is installed, the VIN is accepted and I'm just waiting for the registration process. Thank You all for helpful hints and contacts for making this dream come through.
Attachments
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It is not always easy to own a Corvair, and even less so in Europe! There were a lot of obstacles in your way, but your perseverance made it happen. I'm glad that the Corvair Forum could serve to facilitate your efforts so that ultimately you were able to post that picture of your Greenbrier in its new home!

:not worthy: ::-):
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

Thanks Brad for the kind words. I will make updates to the forum over time. My wife has however give me an ultimatum that I have to finish my other project (seen to the left) as well.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

A wife can be a good, and often necessary motivating factor to keep your interest up and your progress progressing!

...and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would like to know more about that interesting and mysterious project that serves as the next-door neighbor of your Greenbrier. Perhaps you could include an explanation and some detail photographs of that project as well?

:dontknow:
Brad Bodie
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

That other, really long time, project is a Van's RV-6, a kit plane produced outside Portland, Oregon. When I bought the kit I was a flight instructor at an airline pilot school in Sweden. Later I myself was hired as pilot in one of the airlines in Denmark, flying Boeing 727 and 737, eventually as captain on the -737 which brought my kitproject to a standstill. Now I have "retired" as an airline pilot, or, more honestly, got tired of the airline industry and the experimetal plane might get some attention again. So it will be a timeshare between this, my "new" Greenbrier and my beautiful Corsa. And also the -69 Monza convertible which I had to buy in addition the donor car for the roof to my Corsa after the close encounter with a moose last spring.
Attachments
IMG_2646.JPG
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Glad it's working out. My good friend flies an RV-6 and is now building an RV-7. I get to help buck rivets.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Corventure Dave

You can combine both worlds! Flying and your Greenbrier! :eek:

This is mine, after a friend with more artistic talent than I have, dropped by the house years ago!

Corventure Dave
Attachments
3rd try.jpg
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

Looks awesome, if not feasible. Me think...
Anyway, my Greenbrier project will get a lot of attention as it's sitting just feets away from my airplane, which according to my the rest of my family, has to be finished this year or go to scrap. Tough decision.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Although the airplane has been around longer as a "hanger queen" and long-term project, it benefits you the most since it is your hobby and you are the pilot. But the Greenbrier would be a family vehicle, supporting camping, vacations, scenic trips, etc. Perhaps you can sell it that way — as a project that will be enjoyable and beneficial to the whole family.

Maybe they will cut you a little slack in letting you focus some attention on the Greenbrier. Maybe you can even get them interested in helping you with completing the Greenbrier projects. If everyone pitches in it is more of a family project that you can all take pride in together!

Good luck with both!
Brad Bodie
Corventure Dave

My Brother was super heavy into Corvairs as I am. But about 15 years ago he went for a flight with a friend in
his Citabria. That changed everything. He now has a Cessna 170 and a Cessna 150. Both restored and he is everything about Airplanes. He is retired. All of his Corvairs are gone. But he has a 2012 Corvette to drive the 1 1/2 miles from his house to the hanger each day. :dontknow: My nephew Sky Dives and is an instructor. Has over 6000 jumps with only about 12 Chute failures! :think:
Me... I love aircraft and air shows and hanging around the airport talking to the pilots, but have no interest in learning to fly or to jump out of one of the things. :tongue:
I'll stick to my Corvair's and touring the country on my Goldwing! :wave:

Corventure Dave
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

Yesterday was a milestone with the van, vehicle inspection and registration. It´s now finally on swedish register.
IMG_2823.JPG
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Congrats on the inspection. I am guessing that it passed with flying colors :rolling:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Greenbrier in Sweden.jpg
:wave: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: ::-):