convention news

Anything Corvair related
mlevair

convention news

Post by mlevair »

I spent last week at the national convention and I thought I would tell about my trip.
I went to Marshalltown first to run on the kart track I had the record there using my yellow car last year and I didnt think I could equal it in my new car. My new car is all steal instead of fiberglass and it 200 pounds heavier. The forecast was rain so I new I had to run my best on the first run and when I came in Tracy said I had beat my old record. I didnt think this was possible. I went out again and went a couple tenths faster yet. On my third run the car started pinging and pumping oil out of the breather so I didnt run anymore. During this time Tracy and Rick Loving were running the car also so it was beat on quite a bit. I ended up winning over David Clemens by .03 seconds too close for comfort.
Rick Loving lost a rod bearing in his Sprint so we spent Monday trying to bandaid it so he could run the autocross on thursday.
Tracy , Rick and I went on the rally wednesday using Scott Allisons 64 spyder. He was very nice to loan us his car as we had just met him that week.
We hung out with a lot of the Kansas boys and did some tailgating during the week.
We showed up at the autocross and found comp cars were the last to run so I got to watch a lot of good competition in the slower classes. It made my want to have my spyder there.
It was finally my turn and i was a little worried as my car wasnt up to par but I set the fastest time on the first run. I was then put in my place by Harlans' v8 powered car. Warren LeVeque ,David Clemens and I were battling each other for the spot behind the V8 and it ended up Warren beat me by .1 and David beat my by .2 seconds. I guess you just cant win them all.
Friday I put my car in the Peoples choice car show and won racing division. Could it really get much better?
I had so much fun and talked to so many people. I urge everyone to go it they get the chance.
Michael LeVeque
LeVair Performance & Restoration
Anderson,IN
765-617-9307
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: convention news

Post by UNSAFE »

Thanks for the report Michael ! :ty:

I really wanted to be there but it just wasn't possible this year. Glad to hear that your new car is so fast.

I especially missed the tailgate parties with all of you guys :burnout:

Kevin Willson
1965 Monza
Juneau Alaska
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska

Return to “Corvair Talk”