CORSA BOD playing games on the CCF?

Anything Corvair related
caraholic4life

Re: CORSA BOD playing games on the CCF?

Post by caraholic4life »

Frank DuVal wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:04 pm
snowflake dictator
Really? What are you trying to say? Dictator is the issue. It is OK to be a dictator as long as you are not a snowflake? I like snowflakes, they make skiing easier. We didn't get much snow this year. I guess I'm just a snowflake to you. But I'm not a dictator. I am a history buff and Hitler is not on my nice people to emulate list. But I guess he is OK with you, since he probably wasn't a snowflake, otherwise what's with the snowflake comment? :dontknow:
Frank,
I have seen the "Snowflake" reference several times and since I am not "young and hip', the term was unfamiliar to me other than in regards to something weather related so I looked up "snowflake terminology definition" .

Here is that definition as I found it:

Snowflake is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

It appears that this description seems to fit at least one current BoD member on the West Coast. JMO
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Just because two terms fit someone doesn't mean either are OK by themselves.
So I guess if I said someone was a murdering pedophile you would assume I was ok with either one but not both? Illogical. You know that isn't how the English language works.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Right, but calling someone a snowflake adds nothing to describing the problem. Being a snowflake isn't the issue, being a dictator is. I see snowflakes on all sides of arguments.
and unable to deal with opposing opinions.
fits both extremes. :tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

People, let's get away from this please, labels and name calling is pointless!

I am editing this post because I was informed that the Corvair Society of America page this was posted on is not actually owned or operated by CORSA. Al Lackie did remove the link on the CORSA website to this page. Good deal!

I will leave the pictures up for entertainment value and as a lesson to why political post should not really be on any Corvair pages! :dontknow:
Attachments
political.jpg
Last edited by davemotohead on Mon May 27, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I took the link to go look on Facebook and reaffirmed that I'm glad I don't belong to Facebook.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I just saw this and got pissed at the current BOD again. I posted this on the Corsa FB page. Someone tells me if they action my request since I want nothing to do with Corsa now. They just dug their grave with taking sides in a political election.

Posted on Corsa FB page a7:18 pm 5/26/2024

To Corsa BOD:
I am a current member in Good Standing (Robert (Al) Lane, Ellabell GA).

Get rid of all Political Posts from any Corsa club internet sites Facebook pages, and forums. We are a forum of Corvair owners and members of a Corsa organization. This is another strike against the current BOD not following Bylaws and working with members of the organization as required by the Bylaws.

Since political ads are not condoned nor approved by Corsa Bylaws, I request any current ones posted be immediately removed and any new ones when they are posted or when Page Moderator is notified of one by a Corsa Member.

Here are the Bylaws Objectives if you need a reminder. I am not violating the bylaws by publishing them here, since I am not publishing the whole document. Just the pertinent items that need to be adhered to by the Corsa members running this page.

Objectives of the Society are to aid and encourage the ownership, preservation and enjoyment of all Corvair vehicles by:
1) Providing a periodic publication to keep Society members informed of technical, historical and social activities, and information related to the Corvair automobile and to the Society.
2) Promoting local, regional and national social events.
3) Providing organizational and guidance material for chapters of the Society.
4) Providing standards for conducting participative and competitive events.
5) Encouraging the availability of Corvair parts.
6) Providing items of memorabilia to Society members.
Thank You for listening.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Yes, AL, good post! Hold their feet to the fire so to say. :tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Whoa! This is in regard to the "Vote for Kennedy" issue.

A number of people who saw the "Vote for Kennedy" post piled on the CORSA board, demanding that that post be taken down, a violation of the bylaws, etc.

But as explained quite thoroughly in the Facebook group where the "Vote for Kennedy" post appears, CORSA has no control over the content of the Corvair Society of America Group. Strange but true.

You may be wondering how this came about. I invite you to visit the "Vote for Kennedy" post and read the comments that appear below the post. The situation is thoroughly explained by Josh Deitcher, Scott Howey, Paul Sergeant and myself.

Short of getting a judge to issue a legal injunction - $$$$ - we have no control over the content on the Corvair Society of America Facebook Group.

Do we like it that way? No. Have we tried to rectify it? Yes, repeatedly.... without success.

So please address your concerns to the administrator of that Facebook group. And don't blame the CORSA Board of Directors.
Last edited by Allan Lacki on Mon May 27, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

This is in regard to the post issued by Thomas James, calling for volunteers to help plan the 2027 CORSA Convention in Cleveland.

Tom's post provoked a number of ascerbic jabs accusing the CORSA Board of Directors of approving Cleveland for 2027 without the usual due process required by the bylaws.

The post issued by Thomas James was simply a call for volunteers. No proposal has been written. And the notion of a convention in Cleveland has not been brought before the CORSA Board of Directors. And it certainly has not been approved by the CORSA Board of Directors.

Well, now you guys don't have to worry about it. Thomas James cancelled his CORSA membership this morning. He's fed up.
He's gone.

So, now you don't have to worry about a convention in Cleveland any more. :banghead:
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I guess everyone need to pile on that FB page and add their own political preference on it. Sort of Trump their candidate so to say. They are just wasting their time and vote with someone who is a low key liberal. Either go full liberal of full conservative and spout your call on their FB page. Corsa doesn't care their name is being misused on this FB page or they would go after them with blazing guns like they did with CCF members.

So much fun being in Corsa, isn't it? Such camaraderie in their group and their forum.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Corsa doesn't care their name is being misused on this FB page or they would go after them with blazing guns like they did with CCF members.[/quote]

As AL said (the other one), it is a Facebook page with no CORSA involvement except in name. It takes money to go after "them" and get the CORSA name removed. What do you expect the real CORSA to do? :dontknow:

The CCF they now own, so they can run roughshod over it. :td:

In a similar vein, I know several companies that do/did not have their name as their internet address as someone registered the name first and then asked lots of money to sell lit to the rightful owner. SO, the companies just came up with another internet name and made sure Google and other search engines found them. No paying of extortion money.
:wink:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

First off I would like to thank you Allan for removing the link to fake Corvair Society of America page that was on the CORSA website that basically said the site was owned by CORSA even though CORSA has no control over it whatsoever. That was smart to distance CORSA from that page.

The Political post on the page that had the comments deleted and the comments turned off is what started the discussion that I started about it. Now that I know the facts I deleted my post.
I think you can send FB a letter telling them the fact that page is using the Corvair Society of America's name and has no affiliation with CORSA is a copywrite violation and FB will either send the owner of the page a letter telling them to change the name of the group or delete the page entirely. You might check into that? Once the page it removed CORSA can create their own page and be in charge of moderating it, also might be a smart thing to do to drum up Interest in CORSA?

As far at the Convention post that Tommy TeeJay James started, that was a disaster from the start that instantly angered the clubs in Cleavland with his statement "As you know, the template for organizing conventions has always been through the local chapter where the proposed convention was to be held, but there is no local chapter in Greater Cleveland." Well there is chapters in the greater Cleaveland area that were never informed of this and felt ignored and one chapter has been there for over 50 years and very active in CORSA, and as you may or may not have seen went ballistic on Tommy TeeJay and gave him a earful!
Teejay is not a BOD member or spokesperson for CORSA and none of the clubs in that area were informed of any of this and learned about it by his unofficial post claiming their Cleavland club did not exist!
Teejays Departure from CORSA was his own decision and not the fault of anyone but himself! No one in the thread asked him to cancel his membership to CORSA!

Also Stating "So, now you don't have to worry about a convention in Cleveland any more. :banghead: is not a accurate statement by you. As you also stated "No proposal has been written. And the notion of a convention in Cleveland has not been brought before the CORSA Board of Directors. And it certainly has not been approved by the CORSA Board of Directors."
So the way that looks to me is NOTHING about a Convention in Cleavland has even been discussed by the BOD, so saying its been canceled before its even been discussed is not accurate, if the BOD wants to hold a convention in Cleaveland It seems to me the clubs in Cleaveland should be given the chance to volunteer and notified in proper channels through the BOD. Not by some guy not on the BOD who claims a 50+ year old active club does not exist! that is where the anger started.

Also TeeJay mentioned he was working with Mike Hall on this endeavor as well, so the angry club members were thinking this was some BOD decision and their club was being left out as if they did not exist!

Since this was a very hot post, I bet the Cleavland clubs would jump at the chance to host a Convention if approached by the BOD and asked? So saying the idea of a Cleavland convention is something we don't have to worry about anymore is kind of a false statement as well because it has never even been discussed by the BOD.
Not trying to start trouble here just posting the facts! I appreciate all that you have done as of late Allen I really do! But lets not jump the gun here from some post by a guy who does not Speak for either the Cleavland Clubs or the BOD.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I'm not by any stretch a Kennedy supporter. The Kennedy sign on a car from the JFK era could be construed as good humor. I'm glad I don't have to decide. It could be akin to racing in SCCA where no one cares about the Corvair unless you win.

I can't imagine a CORSA convention bid that did not have grassroots in a local chapter. Perhaps that's why it flared up and fizzled out so fast.

Corvair Minnesota has a Facebook page or whatever you call it. It takes daily diligence by at least 3 moderators to keep it on a good track. Luckily one person is an earlybird, one person is available midday and one person is a night owl. I wouldn't want to see it get away into the management hands of people not currently involved with the Corvair Minnesota club. We do touch on it during club business segments. A Facebook thing affiliated with a club probably has a different set of responsibilities compared to something generic like Corvair Racers as an example. I'm only assuming they are unaffiliated, I've never been there. I don't belong to Facebook.

I'm unhappy about the way some things are going with CORSA and Corvair Center forum but I hope things can get better. It's easy for things to slide away when they're going good and hard to reel them in once they're not. If a CORSA Facebook thing is in the hands of someone not engaged with CORSA that may be a problem. I don't know if that's the case or not.

I'm anxious to see election results and who the new BOD is. I'm not real sure who has terms that are coming to an end. During these contentious times I'm learning who some of them are. I wish in the Communique where they are listed I could figure out where they're from, an e-mail address doesn't tell me that. City and State would be enough for me.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Jim, the Kennedy car is from this Presidential election in 2024, Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for President in this upcoming election so it is purely a political post for a candidate for this next election. He is running for the independent party as it says on the banner in the picture.
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

Well they did pick a loser...he's going to get demolished in November.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again
Hulkster Gets a Diesel
Zonker Gets Race Motor
Gem is Still my Favorite
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Now
Been Associated With Fifty+
Former Owner of SuperVair
American Mel

Post by American Mel »

Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.

Return to “Corvair Talk”