Video of Corvair Society of America's 2020 Membership Meeting

Corvair Society of America discussion, questions, feedback, ideas
Allan Lacki

Video of Corvair Society of America's 2020 Membership Meeting

Post by Allan Lacki »

The Corvair Society of America held its Membership Meeting for 2020 on the evening of Tuesday, November 10 via Zoom. A video of the 2020 CORSA Membership Zoom Meeting is now up on YouTube. Here’s the link:

https://youtu.be/t776_CKVOZQ

It is 1 hour and 24 minutes long. The first couple of minutes of the session were not recorded, so it starts with Mike Hall talking about plans for the 2022 CORSA Convention in Peach Tree City, Georgia. But aside from that, it’s complete.

Presenters included Mike (President), Jeannette Alberte (Membership), Jerry Brown (Merchandise), Allan Lacki (Secretary) and Paul Sergeant (Treasurer).

The presentations were followed by a question and answer for members beginning at the 41st minute. The question and answer session lasted for the remainder of the Zoom session.

Sixty-eight members were participated. Special thanks go to CORSA Board Member Josh Deitcher, who arranged, moderated and recorded the meeting. And of course, we thank all of you who were there with us.
::-):
66vairguy

Re: Video of Corvair Society of America's 2020 Membership Meeting

Post by 66vairguy »

It is interesting that CORSA recognizes newer owners don't see the value of the national CORSA club.

I've stayed with a local club that is relaxed and welcomes anybody interested in Corvairs. Restored Corvairs are great to see, but even folks with a "beater" are welcome (really welcome). The policy has worked well as the club has grown every year and attracts younger folks. Club shows deliberately avoid rigid structure to make everyone feel welcome. There is no "concurs" class. One of the most popular vehicles at the last show was a beat up daily driven rampside with over 300,000 miles on it! Talk about patina and it attracted a crowd.

I hope CORSA improves - time will tell. With a local club you usually get a fast response and help from others in the club. Not to mention help from forums. This is the common argument when new local club members are asked to join CORSA.

Sad to say buy I've had more negative interaction experiences with CORSA versus positive ones.
61SuperMonza

Post by 61SuperMonza »

Interesting comments, I was a member of CORSA in the mid 80s through the mid 90s. I always enjoyed the communique, but I live in Alaska and there wasn't a local club so i was on my own. At the time i lived in Fairbanks. I now live in Anchorage and there is no club support here either and I'm no longer a CORSA member. I have been thinking of rejoining.
I have some interest in starting a club here but I'm not sure how to go about it. When I moved to Anchorage in the late 80s there was a club of sorts but it seems that it has disbanded.
That being said I appreciate CF because it's my only Avenue to share information. Thanks alot guys and gals.
BTW, I tried to join CCF as well. In fact I tried twice and apparently was deemed not worthy. What a joke!!
NORM
First corvair in 1985
Have owned 4 corvairs since
65 Corsa coupe 180 turbo
66 Monza coupe 110 PG
66 Monza coupe 140 PG
61 Monza club coupe w/ 150 turbo
Anchorage,AK
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

61supermonza --- Yes I've seen a number of clubs come and go. One of the main problems is folks that "want to be in charge". A club is voluntary and decades ago our local club started to fall apart due to personality conflicts about what the club should be. After dwindling to five members the least interested and easiest going person was elected club president. After that more folks started showing up to a more friendly get together to discuss Corvair issues and look at folks work. Almost two decades later the same person is club president, although he gets help from others. He is like the village elder who settles disputes when someone takes themselves too seriously. The club is now almost 60 members, although only about 12 show up at meetings, well before COVID. Now they ZOOM. The main club rule is "Everyone is welcome, but be nice or leave".

Point is - don't worry about starting a club. Just try to contact Vair folks on social media in your area for a get together and see if it grows.

As for the CCF. It's run by a fellow who is leaving the hobby. Contact Matt (monitor) and state your issue. It can be a clunky site, but it has a LOT of information. CCF search engine isn't good, use Google for better results.
61SuperMonza

Post by 61SuperMonza »

66vairguy- thanks for the info. I will peruse finding other corvair owners in the area. I haven't see another vair on the road up here in years. The last one I saw was a LM corv-8. It was dark blue with chrome moon caps. Good looking car.
When i take my car out i get a kick out of all the rubber necking i get. Lots of thumbs up.
It would be nice to see what other owners have done to there cars and that was my reason for wanting to start a club. A more tactile way to share info. Sure do appreciate this forum.
NORM
First corvair in 1985
65 Corsa coupe 180 turbo
66 Monza coupe 110 PG
66 Monza coupe 140 PG
Anchorage,AK
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

61SuperMonza wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 pm Interesting comments, I was a member of CORSA in the mid 80s through the mid 90s. I always enjoyed the communique, but I live in Alaska and there wasn't a local club so i was on my own. At the time i lived in Fairbanks. I now live in Anchorage and there is no club support here either and I'm no longer a CORSA member. I have been thinking of rejoining.
I have some interest in starting a club here but I'm not sure how to go about it. When I moved to Anchorage in the late 80s there was a club of sorts but it seems that it has disbanded.
That being said I appreciate CF because it's my only Avenue to share information. Thanks alot guys and gals.
BTW, I tried to join CCF as well. In fact I tried twice and apparently was deemed not worthy. What a joke!!
NORM
Glad to have you here Norm. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
61SuperMonza

Post by 61SuperMonza »

Thanks Scott,
CF is a great forum and I enjoy it alot. I enjoy the fact that I can help other owners as well as getting the info that I may need. As a collective there is a wealth of info for owners.
NORM
First corvair in 1985
65 Corsa coupe 180 turbo
66 Monza coupe 110 PG
66 Monza coupe 140 PG
Anchorage,AK

Return to “Corvair Society of America discussion”