New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Corvair Society of America discussion, questions, feedback, ideas
SteveInMarietta

New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Post by SteveInMarietta »

Do you have a CORSA Membership Roster – with names, addresses and contact info - in your Corvair? Even if you do, now’s the time to get a new one.

ImageThe updated 2018 CORSA Membership Roster is now available. It’s a 5” x 8” booklet that easily fits into the glovebox. A must have for travel in your Corvair. Members can log-in to the CORSA website and order a copy in the “Store” menu under
Publications

Not a CORSA member? Having a CORSA membership Roster in your car could one day ‘save-the-day’! Follow this link for CORSA membership information.

My “Roster Rescue” story:
It was a Sunday afternoon in 1986 and we had the Greenbrier on a camping trip to the northern sector of the MI lower peninsula. On an isolated road in the sparsely populated region south of Traverse City, the fan belt failed. Not worried, I quickly installed the spare belt and headed on our way. Only to have the second belt shred about one click down the road (First lesson – don’t carry an old fan belt as your spare). But I did have a CORSA Membership Roster in the glovebox, and sure-enough, a CORSA member resided in the nearby city. No cell phones in those days, so it was a walk first to a house to make the call. About 45 minutes later a kind individual (whose name I have long since forgotten) delivered a new replacement belt, and we continued with no more incidents. (Second lesson – Always keep a CORSA Membership Roster with you when traveling.)

Does anyone else have a Roster Rescue story to share?

Steve Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator
Allan Lacki

Re: New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Post by Allan Lacki »

Nice! If you plan to do any long-distance traveling, it's a good idea to keep a copy of the CORSA Member Roster in your car. Even if you're an expert at doing roadside repairs, you'll still need to find a person who can bring you the replacement part you need to get your Corvair back on the road. Who is most likely to have a stash of spare Corvair parts for such occasions? A CORSA member, of course! ::-):

Return to “Corvair Society of America discussion”