Wheels that fit a 61 Greenbrier?

All Models and Years
gOOfus

Wheels that fit a 61 Greenbrier?

Post by gOOfus »

Hello all. Newbie here. Anyone know what wheels will fit a Greenbrier? I know with the large drums it's a little tricky. I just bought my van and it has craigers on it. I would like to put some 14" smoothy style rims on it. I've talked with Cooker tire but they don't know. Thank you.
atwistedgrip
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Wheels that fit a 61 Greenbrier?

Post by atwistedgrip »

I'm not sure what the amount is, but FC's have an odd sized offset compared to other Chevys.
It has to do with tie rod clearance I think.
Try measuring the amount of backspacing on your Cragar rims as a guideline.
Gary
Sun City is now Menifee, CA
CORSA member
IECC member
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

The bolt pattern is 5 on 4.75 in am pretty sure. In any case it is the same patern as late models, camaros, cultass's, and other mid sized gm's. The backspacing and width must be right in order to not rub (particularly in the rear) (seems like I remember Camaroish offsets working ok). I like my 15" Cragar SS I had on my '62 Loadside. I also really like 15" Cutlass SSIII's painted body color.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
gOOfus

Post by gOOfus »

ok great, I'll use the cragars as a guidline to measure the offset then I call Coker again. Thanks for the help!
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

I've had custom smoothies made before, by The wheel smith. My van has custom offset steelies on it, I may be pulling them soon to try fitting some other rims if I hear back about wether or not I can get high qaulity adaptors.

Post some pics of the van withe the craigers on it. Where you located? If not to far I may be interested in them.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”