65 quarter window adjustment

All Models and Years
PBeck

65 quarter window adjustment

Post by PBeck »

Does anyone out there have an answer on how to adjust a quarter window ? I had all my glass out to apply insulation and new fuzzies and one quarter window refuses to adjust correctly. Currently if I get it adjusted far enough forward, it lacks 1/2 inch of contacting the w/strip. Almost acts like it needs more adjustment slot but I didn't want to start cutting if I'm overlooking something. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
PBeck
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: 65 quarter window adjustment

Post by UNSAFE »

Window adj can be frustrating. I wouldn't think that you would need to modify any adj slots. Was it OK before you removed the windows ?

>>>>Currently if I get it adjusted far enough forward, it lacks 1/2 inch of contacting the w/strip.<<<<

So it hits the front door window but won't touch the roof rubber strip ?

Or won't it go forward enough for the 1/4 window rubber strip to mate with the front door window ?

Here's some window adj info from the body service manual. If you need more I can scan it.
Attachments
scan0424.jpg
scan0425.jpg
scan0426.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
PBeck

Post by PBeck »

Thanks UNSAFE. I can get the window adjusted forward till the front glass is parallel andhas good contact with the rear seal. Then the problem is that the window lacks about 1/2" of going up enough to contact the w/strip in the front but the rear is up fine ??
PBeck

Post by PBeck »

Oops: My bad. I had adjusted the up stop the wrong way. Duh. Now only need to get the adjustment correct to fit into the w/strip. Thanks alot.
PBeck

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”