LM rear suspension quick set - alignment

All Models and Years
Mike J

LM rear suspension quick set - alignment

Post by Mike J »

Hi guys. I have replaced all the bushings & mounts in the rear of my car and added a few extra items. Now that it's time to get ready to do a final tighten & check on the underside of the car .... I have just 1 question regarding how I should pre-set my rear alignment bolts.

As you can see I've got the 1 piece lower control arm mount on my diff - NO second set of holes ... so does this push "out" the bottom of the hub mount on the "outside" for the alignment? And on the outside alignment bolts ... which direction should they be pointing so I can drive around a little and then to an alignment shop for the real deal?

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried to figure this out on paper but it's just now working.

My thoughts - the outer alignment bolts should be pointing to approx. 2 O'clock? to push the top out a bit?
Attachments
DSC00354 (Small).JPG
DSC00354 (Small).JPG (75.56 KiB) Viewed 794 times
ibbubba

Re: LM rear suspension quick set - alignment

Post by ibbubba »

hi mike. every time i dealt with this, i greased everything in that area, so its all slickery. then i have a 2 ft. long "T" square that i made. with the rear end off the ground, i lean the t square against the tire and adjust away. make sure both sides are even heighth wise. quit yellin, i know its spelt wrong. gggggggg
Mike J

Re: LM rear suspension quick set - alignment

Post by Mike J »

Thanks Bubba. I'll try and see if that will help.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”