EM Spyder thermistor wiring route

All Models and Years
Deadwolf

EM Spyder thermistor wiring route

Post by Deadwolf »

I am trying to install the upgraded version of the thermistor as my old one had the wire soldered to the top of it. The wire from it was run out a small hole just above the heater duct on that side. Well this opening is not big enough to get either end of the new thermistor through. The directions mention a grommetted Hole, but I don’t see anything in that area. I’m thinking a piece of my original shroud may have been replaced with a non-Spyder shroud and that is why it is missing. Does anyone have a diagram or picture showing where this hole should be and what size it is?

Also the directions say it can’t come in contact with exhaust manifold, but where it comes out of is just above the exhaust manifold and the spring on the tail won’t let me pull it away in such a way that it stays. Any thoughts on this?

Last but not least looking at wireing diagram for a 64 since my 63 wireing diagram does not show it. The wire color is listed as DG which I think is dark green, but the only wire available for this to plug into appears to be a white wire in the intermediate wiring harness. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance!
1963 Impala SS convertible project
1963 Monza Spyder project
1963 Impala coupe Pro Street Project
1964 Monza Parts car
1963 Impala hard top sedan parts car
Beers

Re: EM Spyder thermistor wiring route

Post by Beers »

Dead wolf, do you have this hole in the front shroud? (63 Spyder) That’s where the wire comes out, with a grommet. The wire it connects to on the main/intermediate harness should be natural or white.

2EE75625-CB08-4CE7-BD0D-74E8E5EB9907.jpeg
1963 Monza Spyder convertible
Deadwolf

Post by Deadwolf »

Beers wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:15 am Dead wolf, do you have this hole in the front shroud? (63 Spyder) That’s where the wire comes out, with a grommet. The wire it connects to on the main/intermediate harness should be natural or white.

2EE75625-CB08-4CE7-BD0D-74E8E5EB9907.jpeg
Nope I didn’t have it, but now I do. I’ve found a 13/16” wood bit makes a perfect knock out if you keep it square and go real slow. Heck on the bit though.

Thanks I think I have this issue solved. Now to drop the exhaust manifold so I can screw in the plug for the temp sensor. Was able to get the old one out without dropping it, but my hamburger hands are too big to thread the new one in with it in the way.
1963 Impala SS convertible project
1963 Monza Spyder project
1963 Impala coupe Pro Street Project
1964 Monza Parts car
1963 Impala hard top sedan parts car
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

IIRC white is correct.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”