68 brakes

All Models and Years
BuggyOne

68 brakes

Post by BuggyOne »

Hi guys! What can you tell me about the rear drum brakes of the 68 monza? Also, can you find me pictures of it?
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 68 brakes

Post by Bruins_Fan »

I'd start with the Shop Manuals, you'd want a 1965 and the 1968 supplement.

Clark's Corvair Parts has them, and you can often find used ones on ebay.
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

The 65 main book Gm shop manual can be viewed here. http://1969corvair.com/techpages/Corvai ... Index.html
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

I have attached one Shop Manual section: 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual - SECTION 5 - BRAKES. I have also attached a section of the Assembly Manual: 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - BRAKES.

Hard copies of shop manuals, supplements, and the various years of Corvair Assembly Manuals can be purchased from the book section of the Clark's Corvair Parts online catalog. The book section continues from the link below (Page 243A) to Page 250...

ImageImage
:link: https://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalo ... _page=243A

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites
:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair interests, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Some detailed photographs of your Corvair would be great!

:wrench: :chevy:
Attachments
1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual - SECTION 5 - BRAKES.pdf
1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual - SECTION 5 - BRAKES
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - BRAKES.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - BRAKES
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
1968-Chevrolet-Corvair - GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1968-Chevrolet-Corvair - GM Heritage Center Specs
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
Brad Bodie