Tracing wire harness

All Models and Years
gkm09

Tracing wire harness

Post by gkm09 »

I have a '62 4 door Monza with Powerglide. I'm trying to trace the wire harness that runs from engine bay up to the dash to the ignition and what not. I see it goes through firewall on driver's side then runs over towards passenger side and that's all I can see. Does it run under the car? Where does it come up into the car?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Corvair Forum mobile app
terribleted

Re: Tracing wire harness

Post by terribleted »

It runs behind the suspension crossmember and then enters the tunnel under the car, Remove the belly pans to see that part of it. It is just wires in the tunnel. It goes out the front of the tunnel and up on the the interior side of the front vertical part of the floorboard. Just above the metal cover on the inside of the car to the R of the accelerator the main body harness exits at the top of the cover and has plugs that plug into the dash harness
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
gkm09

Post by gkm09 »

Thank you so much.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Corvair Forum mobile app

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The attached document, 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS, HARNESSES & SCHEMATICS, was extracted from the complete 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual (which has an Adobe Reader (.pdf) files size that would be too large for uploading to the Corvair Forum as an attachment). Although it is specifically for the 1965 Corvair passenger car, the wiring routing diagrams and illustrations will give you a good idea of how wiring harnesses are routed within the Corvair chassis in any model year. The schematic wiring diagrams can also be found in the 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual, and in the 1962-1964 and 1966-1969 Shop Manual supplements. (The wiring diagrams in the 1961 Shop Manual were not drawn to the same standards and can be somewhat confusing, as they appear to be developmental GM/Chevrolet engineering diagrams).

The Shop Manuals and Supplements for many model years, and the complete 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual, can be downloaded in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format at no cost using the following link...

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

Printed hard copies (and many other Corvair reference and technical books) can be purchased from Clark's Corvair Parts (Pages 243A-250)...

ImageImage

ORIGINAL SHOP MANUALS
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... w_page=244

CORVAIR ASSEMBLY MANUALS
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... _page=243B

CORVAIR COMBINED WIRING SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS
:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=12968

:chevy:
Attachments
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS, HARNESSES & SCHEMATICS.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS, HARNESSES & SCHEMATICS
(12.21 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”